It was in 1934 during the dark days of world wide depression, that the Guardian Neediest Cases Fund was founded.
Originally the Fund was organised to identify the ten most “Neediest Cases” in Trinidad & Tobago so that they could have been be given financial assistance.
Over the years the Guardian Neediest Cases Fund expanded its reach to assist the Needy throughout Trinidad & Tobago.
One of the most important activities of the Fund is to help the Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs) carry out their work of helping the less fortunate. Financial assistance may be accessed by needy persons through the authorised NGOs or by applying directly to the Guardian Neediest Cases Fund Office at Guardian Media Limited.
Objectives of the Trust
The Guardian Neediest Cases Fund is dedicated to:
- Assist in the relief of poor persons in distress or in need either by maintenance in institutions, in homes or by gifts of money or in kind
- Assist in providing for convalescence of poor persons recovering from illnesses or accident either by maintenance of the persons in institutions, in homes or by gifts of money or in kind
- Assist in providing medical, surgical or dental relief for poor persons
- Assist in providing maintenance for poor persons who are blind, deaf, dumb and crippled either in institutions, homes, or by gifts of money or in kind
- Assist in providing artificial limbs, artificial eyes, spectacles and/or lenses, deaf-aids, trusses, surgical boots, elastic stockings, crutches and such like aids to poor persons in need.
Board of Trustees:
Sharon Christopher, CMT (Chair)
Administrator: Ann-Marcia Samm
Secretary: Maria Superville-Neilson
Address: 22-24 St. Vincent Street, Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Phone: (868) 225-4465
Contact Person: Ann Marcia-Samm
E-mail: [email protected]
We welcome donations to the Guardian Neediest Cases Fund through our bankers:
Republic Bank Limited, Account No.: 150 178 708 801
RBTT Bank Limited, Account No.: 880 133 6135