The Accountant is responsible for assisting in preparing accurate and timely reporting deliverables using the application of accounting principles and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Assist in the preparation of the company’s monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements ensuring adherence to Group and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Preparation of assigned monthly and quarterly financial packages in alignment with Reporting deadlines.
- Preparation of assigned Intercompany reconciliations and monthly uploads in alignment with Reporting deadlines.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of internal and external audit processes.
- Preparation of assigned monthly Audit schedules and supporting commentary.
- Preparation of assigned standard monthly journals with supporting documentation.
- Preparation of assigned monthly management reports with recommendations and predictions to internal stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts requirements. This will include compilation of data and analysis for assigned department functions.
- Assist in the budget import process in alignment with Reporting deadlines.
- Preparation of Tax computations and returns.
- Preparation of assigned V.A.T. computations and returns.
Reconciliation and Analysis of transactions
- Preparation of assigned Balance Sheet reconciliations; ensuring any differences are investigated and resolved monthly.
- Preparation of IFRS 16 calculations.
- Preparation of assigned Bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of assigned monthly journals.
- Preparation of monthly Income Statement schedules and trends.
- Investigate anomalies in financial information.
- Produce reports leveraging the company’s digital assets to inform decision making.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A professional accounting qualification from a recognized institution.
- At least five (5) years accounting experience.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other Office software.
- Intermediate level experience with a Financial Accounting package would be an asset.
- And / Or three (3) years working experience in the same of similar position.
- Working experience with financial statement packages and intercompany reconciliation would be an asset.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Good execution and evaluation skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision; self-motivated.
- Team player.
- Foster open and consistent communication.