Position: Production Technician
Location: Arima / Trinidad and Tobago
Company: ANSA Polymer Ltd.
Job Description :
- Prepare and set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start production cycle in accordance with defined procedures, specifications and as per production schedule.
- Interface with computer control system to control, troubleshoot and adjust machine settings as required.
- Monitor and troubleshoot equipment programs as necessary to improve product quality, machine cycle times and overall throughput per customer requirements.
- Troubleshoot inconsistencies with machines and recipes, report corrective actions to Section Supervisor and make appropriate adjustments.
- Perform regular lubrication on production equipment and system checks in accordance with preventative maintenance / production established schedules.
- Maintains equipment logs on assigned machines and prepare production reports recording pertinent information about downtime, process changes etc.
- Scheduling of time, manpower, materials and equipment required to perform tasks.
- Assist maintenance in machine repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Perform job changeovers and ensure completion in allocated timeframe.
- Ensure resins are mixed as per Ansa Polymer formula guide.
- Assist in monthly stock taking exercises.
- Ensures full compliance with all OSH standards and Company policies.
Required Competencies :
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as operating instructions, technical procedure manuals and safety rules.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent time-management, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to drive and operate forklift.
- Ability to handle heavy lifting and moving >55 lbs.
Required Qualifications :
- Five O’levels (inclusive of Maths and English).
- MET or MEEET Certificate.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Computer Literate.
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Do you have 5 O'levels (inclusive of Maths and Englis)? - DO you have MET or MEEET Certificate? - Do you have 3-5 years experience in a similar position? - Are you computer literate ?