Position: Plant Engineer
Location: / Grenada
Company: CARIB Brewery (Grenada)
- Develop and execute a plant maintenance programmed for all plant and machinery.
- Establish standards for cleaning, repairs, maintenance, inspection and safety for all plant equipment and areas.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities are carried out according to accepted practices in a timely manner and accepted safety and security practices are strictly enforced throughout the plant.
- Participate in training programmes to upgrade skills of shop floor personnel and HACCP programme.
- Implement departmental programme ensuring that all machinery/buildings/property are tidily maintained at all times.
- Ensure that running cost data for all equipment is collected and monitored and maintain a system for the recording of historical files on all pieces of equipment.
- Advise on appropriate spare parts stock levels for all Brewery Equipment.
- Participate in Capital expenditure preparation documentation and plans and executes capital projects to commissioning stage.
- Knowledge of MS Office and other relevant software
- Excellent project management communication skills
- Good (social) networking skills
- Ability to delegate and manage resources
- Good event management skills
- Effective leadership, supervisory, time management and communication (written/oral) skills
- Bachelor of Science (BSc.) Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a well-recognised, accredited institution
- At least five (5) years’ progressive experience in a manufacturing environment, preference will be given those with a packaging and /or brewing background
- Proven expertise in the ensuring safe plant uptime and availability with appropriate built in redundancy.
- Sound knowledge of equipment set-up, functions, operating procedures and preventative/predictive maintenance techniques.
- Post graduate studies in Production/Operations management will be considered an asset
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a well-recognized, accredited institution? - Do you have at least five (5) years’ progressive experience in a manufacturing environment, preference will be given those with a packaging and /or brewing background? - Do you have proven expertise in the ensuring safe plant uptime and availability with appropriate built in redundancy? - Do you have sound knowledge of equipment set-up, functions, operating procedures and preventative/predictive maintenance techniques?