Position: Group Tax Manager
Location: Port of Spain / Trinidad and Tobago
Company: ANSA McAL Limited
- Provide advice for structuring of projects and restructures to maximize any tax advantages available.
- Manage all statutory audits across the Group and from the Audit Stage to Appeal, where necessary.
- Monitor and provide support for subsidiaries with respect to communication with the BIR and collection of outstanding refunds.
- Provide a support function to the parent and subsidiaries for updates in legislation and references to legislation.
- Maintain or reduce an annual effective tax rate of 21% by implementing tax reduction strategies.
- Supervise the Group Tax Accountant.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Accuracy- ensures that data presented is free from error.
- Analytical thinking- the ability to comprehend a situation by breaking it down into its components and identifying key or underlying complex issues.
- Attention to detail- thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Communication: open- creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly up and down, inside and outside; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Continuous learning- demonstrates eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a customer’s needs effectively.
- Initiative- does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Planning & organizing/time management- establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Sets priorities, goals and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Problem solving- builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
- Technical expertise: applies and improves extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to accomplish one’s job effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Professional Accounting qualification will be considered an asset or pursuance of same.
- 3-5 years audit experience with an audit firm.
- At least 3-5 years work experience in a related field, supporting at the Executive level.
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Do you have a Bachelor's Degree? - Do you possess/ Are you pursuing a professional Accounting qualification? - Do you have 3-5 years of audit experience with an audit firm? - Do you have at least 3-5 years of work experience in a related field, supporting at the executive level?