Position: Senior Accountant
Location: Port of Spain / Trinidad and Tobago
- Maintain timely submissions of financial statements to Management.
- Enter and maintain accurate financial reports according to strict departmental procedure.
- Ensure the relevant statutory deadlines are met.
- Prepare and maintain inventory and accounts receivable within a specified period
- Enter and verify journals.
- Development and performance management of subordinate staff while providing effective leadership to subordinate staff and ensuring compliance with company policies/procedures.
- Consolidation of reports on a quarterly basis.
- Management of Accounts Receivable on a monthly basis.
- Conduct monthly review of balance sheet schedules.
- Management of Treasury Account on a monthly basis to ensure bank accounts are within budget.
- Liaise with Internal/External Auditors to ensure audited accounts are submitted in a timely manner and in compliance with Group Policy.
- Perform any other duties as required by the job function.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate health, safety, security and environmental policies/ procedures.
The successful candidate should convey the following personal characteristics:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill.
- Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish departmental goals.
- Motivated, flexible and ability to use own initiative.
- Effective time management skills.
- Must possess high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Qualified professional in ACCA / CIMA / CMA or equivalent.
- At least 2 years post graduate experience in Accounting; Experience in using computerized Accounting packages.
- Sound knowledge of local and international Accounting standards.
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Are you qualified in ACCA/ CIMA/ CMA or equivalent - Do you have at least 2 years post graduate experience in Accounting; experience in using computerized accounting packages? - Do you have sound knowledge of local and international accounting standards?