Position: Merchant Banking Originator
Company: ANSA Merchant Bank
The merchant banking originator (MBO) will work with our financial services clients (e.g., banks, non-bank lenders, insurance providers, asset manager and payments providers) to achieve their most important strategic and financial objectives.
The MBO will play a leading role in expanding our financial services practice, including sourcing and winning investment banking opportunities and executing on equity, debt, M&A, and restructuring transactions. The MBO will be responsible for leading deal teams through every phase of the deal execution process.
- Engage in marketing activities with existing and new potential clients and manage deal pipeline
- Create a comprehensive origination strategy to build brand and product awareness within the commercial banking and investment banking community.
- Identify opportunities, develop and maintain relationships with bank and non-bank senior lenders.
- Cover major money centre regions and build senior level relationships with BDOS, team leaders, relationship/portfolio managers and special assets executives.
- Develop and maintain list of prospects and clients and provide reports on a regular basis.
- Participate in weekly team meetings to coordinate and strategize on new business opportunities, client meetings, marketing opportunities, and business development growth.
- Solicit feedback on and monitor competitive services, branding and marketing approaches.
- Execute sell-side, buy-side, and restructuring mandates
- Originate new investment opportunities into primarily sponsor-led buyouts, refinancing, recapitalizations, and add-ons
- Act as a team leader in the diligence, documentation, negotiation, & closing of investment opportunities
- Manage existing and newly originated loan facilities through to return of principal
- Lead transactions from beginning to close (client sourcing, pitch, process management, valuation analyses, due diligence, negotiations, closing)
- Oversee all aspects of transaction life cycle: client sourcing, marketing, due diligence, negotiation, documentation and closing Provide thought leadership to market leading companies on capital needs and M&A strategies Participate in all firm-building activities, including recruiting, training and the development of firm strategy, processes and intellectual capital
- Attract, manage, train and mentor other team members
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and peers on executive management to ensure the correct focus
- Provide clear directions on strategic goals, translating and prioritizing them into business and performance measures.
- Lead, inspire and coach a team of high caliber professionals, creating succession to key roles and enhancing bank management capability.
- Monitor the strict adherence to governance and setting high standards of professionalism across the functions
- Review performance improvement reports to determine effectiveness of interventions.
- Any other work allocated by competent authority from time to time.
- Coaching – works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Facilitates their skill development by providing clear, behaviorally specific performance feedback, and making or eliciting specific suggestions for improvement in a manner that builds confidence and maintains self-esteem.
- Communication: open – creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly up and down, inside and outside; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Communication: oral and written – effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations.
- Conflict management – brings substantial conflicts and disagreements into the open and attempts to manage them collaboratively, building consensus, keeping the best interests of the organization in mind, not only one\’s own interest.
- Critical thinking – the ability to break a situation down into smaller pieces to identify its key or underlying issues.
- Masters a specialization in finance or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
How to apply:
- Do you have a Masters a specialization in finance or equivalent?