- Monitor local and international markets for trading opportunities in fixed income markets, and eventually equities, locally, regionally and internationally.
- Trade a portfolio of bonds, and eventually equities, across varying currencies in accordance with the board approved trading policy and its risk parameters.
- Analyze market conditions to determine optimum times to execute transactions to maximize profits
- Supply latest prices or market discovery to clients and team.
- Research and prepare reports on local, regional and international interest rate environments in conjunction with the research team.
- Manage and work with marketing team to spot and/or create opportunities to trade.
- Work with clients to learn and understand their financial goals by accurately identifying and purchasing or selling fixed income products for them.
- Manage daily trading and coordination of activities with middle office to ensure timely execution of orders, whilst confirming that they are compliant with regulatory policies.
- Ensure the documentation of each trade done by himself and team while maintaining up to date account records.
- Maintain and update inventory records of fixed income securities where applicable.
Analytical problem solving – this competency is concerned with applying an analytical approach to solving problems and reaching
Logical conclusions. This means gathering information from a variety of sources and quickly gaining an understanding of it. It requires working effectively with complicated, conflicting or ambiguous information, and looking beyond the surface of issues to identify their underlying patterns and causes.
Planning & organizing – this competency requires people to establish and prioritize tasks and objectives in order to manage time and resources appropriately. Effective planners will set deadlines based on the time required for each task, and on how each part of their plan affects the others. They will also have backup plans in case the situation changes.
Innovation – innovation is about turning creative ideas into original solutions. This competency is concerned with producing new or different approaches to current situations and enabling this creativity in others. An innovative approach involves both generating ideas and seeing them through to implementation.
Clear written communication – this competency concerns the ability to write clearly and succinctly. Clear written communication means adapting the style and content to meet the demands of the situation and audience. To communicate clearly and effectively will usually mean using well-structured, logical arguments and avoiding unnecessarily technical or complex language.
Drive for excellent results – this competency requires a strong focus on setting and meeting high standards. People who drive for excellent results expect high standards from themselves and others. To be sure of this, they will take appropriate steps to monitor the quality of their own work and that of others.
Customer focus – people demonstrating customer focus are eager to develop strong, lasting relationships with their clients.
They are driven by a desire to understand and satisfy their customers’ needs, exceeding their expectations wherever possible. This competency may be concerned with clients inside or outside the
Organization? internal customers may be other departments or individuals from the same organization.
Coping with pressure – coping with pressure requires a positive attitude in stressful situations or following failure. It relies on the
Ability to manage one’s own emotions, a willingness to take on challenging tasks, and the energy to remain focused on those tasks when presented with obstacles.
Initiative – people showing initiative are constantly looking for things to do. They are self-confident and proactive and will generate activity for themselves rather than waiting for instruction. They are also prepared to take risks if they feel there is potential benefit in doing so.
- University degree in economics or finance
- 5-7 years’ experience in trading local and international securities.
- Computer literate. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to quickly establish relationships with all market participants.
Solid quantitative analytical skills with ability to think quickly and make sound decisions.
How to apply:
- Do you have a University degree in economics or finance? - Do you have 5-7 years’ experience in trading local and international securities?