Position: Assistant Accountant
Location: / Trinidad and Tobago
Company: Carib Glassworks Limited (CGL)
- Ensure processing of all Local and Foreign documents pertaining to Stock Items.
- Ensure receipt of all stock Packing Slips and Invoices coming from the Stores Department and Distribution of the relevant Packing Slips/Inventories to the Accounts Payable Clerk and Costing Clerk.
- Liaising with the Purchasing Department with respect to the Foreign Packing Slips ensuring all are passed to the Finance department with a two (2) working days time frame.
- Processing all Foreign Invoices and Packing Slips and generation of all Foreign-Costing Sheets.
- Edit all Accounts Payable Transactions processed in system.
- Generation of figures for Flash Reporting- i.e. Finished Goods, Consumption of Fuel, and Consumption of Machinery Spares.
- Quarterly/monthly physicals of Finished Goods, Packaging Material and Raw Materials as required, compilation, investigation of variances and reconciliation with sub-ledger.
- Analysis of Bill of Material for Glass and adjusting consumption of Raw Materials.
- Analysis of closed Production Orders and reporting on variances for corrective action.
- Provide Marketing with Pricing for new bottles.
- Validating new vendors and items entered on system for file maintenance.
- Management of Cycle Counts for all categories of Inventory.
- Analysis of Purchase Price variance account, Work-in-Progress account, Inventory Cost Revaluation account, Raw Materials variance account, Movement Report for Finished Goods, Aged Finished Goods Report, Obsolete Spares Report.
- Close-off Inventory Sub-ledgers and reconcile to GL monthly.
- Generation of Board Reports for the Accountant, CFO and the Logistics Manager.
- Generation of Unrealized Profits Figures for Head Office.
- Planning and Execution of Finished Good Inventory and Stocks of Cartons count.
- Planning and Execution of year-end physical counts for all categories of stock.
- Generation of all year-end schedules for the Auditors and CFO as required.
- To comply with the Company’s/ Department’s procedures and policies belonging to the Quality Management System and the Health, Safety & Environmental Management System.
- To fulfill the legal duties of the Occupational Safety & Health Act 2004 as an employee.
- ACCA Level 3 (completed or pursuing)
- 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- At least 2 years’ supervisory experience in a finance environment
- Excellent time management skills, communication and use of initiative
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Are you ACCA Level 3 (completed or pursuing)? - Do you have 5 years’ experience in a similar position? - Do you have At least 2 years’ supervisory experience in a finance environment?