Position: Purchasing Clerk
Location: Pt. Lisas Industrial estate, Savonetta / Trinidad and Tobago
Company: ANSA Chemicals
Job Summary: Process and expedite purchase orders and perform other clerical duties to support the purchasing function.
- Initiate and Organize Request for Quotations (RFQ) from vendors as prescribed by company policy.
- Review requisition order to ensure accuracy and correct line item specifications.
- Create Purchasing Order as required (VFM)
- Follow up on Local and Foreign Purchase Orders to ensure that materials are shipped and delivered on promised dates
- Provide timely feedback to relevant parties (Requestor) regarding the status of purchase orders placed.
- Maintain records and follow up files of purchases, shipments, and related matters.
- Return processing/credits.
- Invoice problem resolution.
- Confirmation of order quantity, pricing, and availability.
- Monitor and evaluate all purchase order claims and ensure compliance to all company regulations.
- Obtain all relevant documents for costing purposes when required.
- Conduct regular review of vendor accreditation to ensure getting the most economical and cost effective supplies by comparing contractual and bid prices with prevailing competitive prices.
- Maintain supplier data base on a monthly basis
- Conduct yearly Supplier Evaluation
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate health, safety, security and environmental policies/ procedures
- Perform any other duties as required by the job function.
- Minimum of five CXC/GCE O’Levels including English and Mathematics.
- Certificate in Supply Management from a recognized institution.
- Forklift license will be an asset
- At least 2 years relevant experience preferably within a Manufacturing environment.
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Do you have minimum of five CXC/GCE O’Levels including English and Mathematics? - Do you have a certificate in Supply Management from a recognized institution? - Do you have a forklift license?