Position: Quarry Coordinator
Company: ABEL BUILDING SOLUTIONS
Job Summary: The Quarry Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of day to day activities of the sand and gravel operation at the Bestcrete Aggregate Limited quarry at Pine Road Matura. He/she will liaise with the mining contractor and Haulage Contractor.
- Supports development of long term, medium term and short-term mining plans
- Coordinates execution of mine plan and ensures that the Mining Contractor works in accordance with this mining plan.
- Coordinates locations of test pits and logging of test pit data to be used towards making decisions related to mine plans
- Makes recommendations for adjustments to mining plan based on actual pit run results, new geological information and test pit data.
- Liaises with haulage contractor daily to indicate required haulage capacity for the following day
- Collection of data:
- Ensure data on Material dispatches from the quarry collected by the gate checkers are accurate
- Verifies that data collected by gate checkers is accurate and complete
- Confirms that data is consistent between Mine Gate Checkers and Mining Contractor Gate checker as well as Processing plant gate checker
- Collates data on material dispatches to be sent to CSR’s for invoicing daily
- Collects weekly Quality data on pit run material being dispatched to processing plant
- Ensures that mining activity and development works are executed in the order of priority as outlined in the mining plan.
- Scheduling of Mining activities and development works so as to ensure a smooth operation with no instances of being unable to supply processing plant with pit run material or supplying 3rd party customers with materials from the mine.
- Support to Quarry Manager with coordination of day to day operations at the Mine in Pine Road Matura:
- Full adherence to mining activities and development works as stipulated in the Mine Plan
- All data on material dispatched verified for accuracy, collated and forwarded to CSR’s.
- Liaise with Haulage contractor of haulage fleet requirements.
Reporting: Report daily and monthly on Mining Activities, Material Dispatches and Quantities Mined. Updates mining plan based on actual mining data and test pit data
Safety: Ensure proper safety and housekeeping practices while executing duties to achieve 0% loss time due to accidents.
Flexibility: To perform other related duties as may, from time to time, be allocated to him by his Supervisor or the person in charge.
This job description reflects the essential information necessary to describe the characteristics of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed list of job requirements nor shall it in any way limit the right of management to assign work.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Related Discipline. Training in Mining or Geology. Three (3) to Five (5)Years’ experience in mining operations.
Experience in Sand and Gravel Mining Operations
- Good Written and Oral Communication Skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Related Discipline.
- Training in Mining or Geology
- 3 to 5 Years’ experience in mining operations
- Experience in Sand and Gravel Mining Operations
How to apply:
- Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Related Discipline. Training in Mining or Geology? - Do you have three (3) to five (5)Years’ experience in mining operations?