Position: Sector Management Accountant
Company: ANSA McAl Construction Sector
To support the Sector Finance Director and sector team on making data-driven business decisions through the analysis of financial data to drive and improve sector performance. Provides Management Accounting guidance to all subsidiary units within the sector and ensures all units adhere to Group Policy and Procedures to ensure the highest level of financial integrity.
- Serve as a steward for decision-making reports, including project appraisal, evaluation and post-implementation analysis, inclusive of Sector CAPEX. Includes the provision of analytical reports and financial modelling for business decisions .
- Coordinate monthly management reports OTIF, tracking the financial performance of the sector against budget, preparing subsequent variance analyses, making recommendations for business improvements.
- Coordinate sector cost structure reviews in line with Continuous Improvement effort and lead initiatives to derive subsequent cost improvements.
- Support the Sector Finance Director (SFD) and required stakeholders in the drive for Finance Continuous Improvement initiatives to enable transformational change within the sector. Recommendations may impact the structure, processes, systems with resultant efficiency drive across the sector.
- Actively support with SFD weekly CFO meetings and coordinate subsequent action plans.
- Support the SFD in the review of financial standards of performance against Balanced Scorecard for the sector and identify areas for both corrective and presentative actions.
- Prepare monthly management reports, tracking the financial performance of sector against budget, preparing subsequent variance analyses, making recommendations for business improvements. This also involves ensuring support is provided for all sub reports to be completed within established guidelines and standards.
- Ensures compliance to all group Blue Book (Standards) procedures on all accounting matters, while creating a strong system of internal control for all companies within the Also ensures compliance to Policy and Finance standards (e.g. IFRS)
- Establish a sector reporting framework in accordance with Group Standards and track the progress of corrective actions related to governance issues.
- Produce budgets, forecast valuations, trend analysis, latest estimates (including Flash reports), monthly management reports, variance analysis (OPEX tracking), and
- Role oversees Sector’s treasury management to ensure liquidity, currency availability and establish FX neutrality for the Sector, optimizing on taxation.
- Review sector performance against budget within the statement of Comprehensive Income, accounting for variances.
- Ensure the Sector auditing process is completed in accordance with the Group Accounting framework and taking responsibility to close out all Corrective and Preventative
- Conduct continuous improvement analyses of business operations and complete forecast for each profit and cost center.
- Support the annual budgeting and corporate planning process with the support of the business executives.
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring of the CFOs/Chief accountants within the sector as required.
- BSc Degree in Accounting (CPA, CIMA), Finance, International Accounting Accreditation (ACCA) or a similar field.
- MBA will be an asset
- 5-7 years’ previous experience as management accountant, CPA, or related accounting
- Highly proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel); experience with accounting software
- Exceptional knowledge of analyzing risks, preparing forecasts, cost
- Experience with forecasting and budgeting
- Knowledge of accounting principles and relevant standards
- Ability to analyze complex reports
- Ability to effectively communicate accounting concepts to non-finance staff
- A problem solver and independent thinker capable of delivering sound arguments
- Proven track record of successfully working as part of a multi-disciplinary
- Demonstrable numeracy and analytical skills
- Must demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail and managing complexity.
How to apply:
- Do you have BSc Degree in Accounting (CPA, CIMA), Finance, International Accounting Accreditation (ACCA) or a similar field? - Do you have 5-7 years’ previous experience as management accountant, CPA, or related accounting? - Do you have highly proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel); experience with accounting software?