Position: General Worker
Company: ABEL (Abel Building Solutions) – BESTCRETE Division
Job Summary: The General Worker (Production) is expected to support the highly efficient manufacture of quality products through the execution of non-production-equipment related production line activities.
- Addressing and correcting material spillages on the production line and ensuring that production equipment is not affected by such conditions. Spilled material is returned to the mixer via the return conveyor.
- Cleaning of Block plant equipment, including the Mixer, to ensure continuous and reliable functioning of equipment
- Supporting the organization’s continuous development of a safe, reliable, highly productive and cost-efficient operation.
- Adherence to defined safety policies and procedures as well as identification/reporting of workplace hazards and/or accidents.
- Adherence to good manufacturing practices relating to personal hygiene and workstation housekeeping
- Supporting effective communication via the accurate and timely completion of all relevant forms and other documents.
- Participation in both organized and spontaneous operation improvement activities.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Promote safety awareness and the development of a Safety culture within the company.
- Ensure proper handovers between shifts.
- Any other duties from time to time.
- A minimum secondary school leaving certificate.
- Good literacy and basic mathematical skills.
- Any experience in a production environment would be considered an asset.
- Display of respect, courtesy and tact
- Discipline and industriousness
- Integrity and dependability
- Support Bestcrete’s fundamentals, values and goals
The working environment includes, but is not limited to operating in:
- Nuisance Dust
How to apply:
- Do you have a minimum secondary school leaving certificate? - Do you have good literacy and basic mathematical skills? - Do you have any experience in a production environment ?