Position: IT Analyst / Programmer
Location: Chaguanas / Trinidad and Tobago
Company: Standard Distributors Ltd
Job Summary: To develop, administer, support, and maintain our application systems.
- Develop systems and reports for business applications needed to meet business objectives.
- Assist in planning, designing and the development and implementation of the company’s software systems, requirements, standards and specifications.
- Meet with Business Users and Systems Owners to define business requirements and systems goals.
- Assist in the planning, design and development of new interfaces and enhancements to existing applications.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of existing systems.
- Assist with research and identification of feasible solutions that meets business & technical requirements.
- Document all solution components according to defined standards and maintain version control over all developed components and associated documentation.
- Assess the technical impact of changes on the performance, efficiency, functionality and inter-operability of existing solutions.
- Ensure a smooth transition of projects into Operations.
- Develop a plan for the maintenance of solution components that includes periodic reviews against operational requirements such as patch management, upgrade strategies and security requirements.
- Participate in system upgrades and other support activities as needed.
- Assist users in defining detailed and complete specifications for new or changed requirements.
- Provide assistance, guidance or training to users where applicable.
- Stay abreast of new technology trends in order to incorporate any relevant applications to existing or new system
- Comply with Group’s processes and policies as set out and stated in the ANSA McAL Blue Book
- Any other duties, which may be assigned.
- First degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field from a recognized tertiary level educational institution
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in an Information Technology department completing programming type projects.
- Sound knowledge of application development environments and practices – knowledge of PHP or ASP.NET would be an asset.
- Sound knowledge of database systems – knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle environment would be an asset.
- Sound knowledge of designing and implementing business intelligence reports.
- Experience in support to system end-users
- Proven track record in:
- Developing and maintaining software application systems
- Reviewing, analyzing, and maintaining application systems (including e.g. coding, testing, debugging and installation)
- Ensuring availability and serviceability of application systems
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job: