Position: Process Engineer
Company: ABEL Building Solutions
Job Summary: Perform duties of a Project Engineer within the engineering department to develop request for quotation responses and delivery of the engineering aspects of the department. Ensuring QA / QC of our implemented services for our projects.
To work within the engineering group, to aid implementation of processes and procedures to improve efficiency, hit rate on jobs quoted and increase commercial profitability.
- Work closely with Engineering and Technical Services manager to ensure departmental objectives and financial targets are met
- Projected Project Scheduling
- Cost estimation and tender preparation
- Revenue forecasting and recognition
- Ensure capital is managed as per KPI’s
- Contract and client management (including attending site meetings)
- Sub-contractor contractual preparation inclusive of scope of works, schedules and payment terms)
- Calculation and reporting of job profitability
- Adherence to Safety requirements/standards
- Equipment sales and services
- Engineering calculations for heat load and utilizing software for equipment selection
- Value engineering base on cost, efficiency and application
- To consult with client/architects/engineers to ensure that design intentions are met and full customer satisfaction achieved as well as providing technical information or advice if required.
- To adhere to and implement ABS AC and Elevator Division- Cost Management Procedures and Revenue Recognition.
- To provide cost estimation and tender preparation for all Elevator projects and commercial AC and Ventilation Sales. Mark up on jobs must be within approved company guidelines or as approved by the Sector Technical Sales Manager. Terms of payment should be set to minimize risk to ABS and to ensure minimal levels of financing.
- To produce design calculations, draft designs showing air distribution, refrigerant piping / chilled water piping distribution and equipment selection.
- To organize request for quotations from various sub-contractors to perform the relevant works required for the projects. Request for quotations to be guided by the ABS Company policy.
- Review all hand over documents inclusive of start-up sheets, product manuals and shop drawings, to ensure adequacy and completeness before issuance to client or consultant
- To assist preparation of monthly report/projections for revenue to be submitted by 5th working day of each month and on 10th of each month (for flash purposes).
- Degree/Diploma and major if applicable:
- Mechanical Engineering
- HVAC Design
- Or equivalent combination of qualifications and work experience
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project
- HVAC Selection Software
- AUTO CAD
- Contract Administration
- Design and Build Engineering Experience (MEP)
- Project Management
How to apply:
- Do you have a Degree/Diploma and major if applicable in Mechanical Engineering? -