Position: Group Internal Audit Assistant
Company: ANSA McAL Group of Companies
The incumbent is responsible for performing internal audit projects under the direction and guidance of internal audit seniors and managers, in accordance with the Group’s internal audit methodology. This responsibility includes performing procedures to support the development of the scope of the internal audit review (e.g. walkthroughs, interviews, etc.), performing internal audit fieldwork testing procedures, and documenting internal audit results and findings for inclusion in internal audit reports.
- Provide support in the planning and execution of financial, operational and compliance internal Audits, business performance reviews and special investigations in accordance with the department’s internal audit methodology and International Standards on Internal Auditing as prescribed by the IIA.
- Provide support in the identification and evaluation of key risks in the audit areas, establish audit objectives, scope and create audit programs.
- Support the Group Internal Audit Seniors in the enhancement of good corporate governance across the Group and in particular, driving compliance with Blue Books Policies.
- Support the Group Internal Audit Seniors in providing audit support / dedicated assistance to the Group’s external auditors.
- Perform follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues.
- Effectively monitor and report on the implementation of corrective action by audit clients.
- Provide support on issues relating to internal controls, remediation advice, regulatory requirements and other compliance areas.
Qualifications & Experience:
- ACCA or CIA designation or equivalent graduate level degree
- 1-2 years industry and/or internal/external audit experience
- Computer literate. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge/Experience in Visio will be an asset
- Ability to interact and build rapport quickly with all levels of the organization inclusive of Line Managers and Executives.
How to apply:
- Do you have an ACCA or CIA designation or equivalent graduate level degree? - Do you have one to two years industry and/or internal/external audit experience?