Position: Paralegal, Financial Services Sector
Location: 11A Maraval Road, Newtown / Trinidad and Tobago
Company: ANSA McAL Group of Companies (Financial Service Sector)
- Job Summary: The Paralegal supports the efficient operations of the Legal & Compliance Department, Financial Services Sector (FSS) by applying knowledge of legal concepts and processes. Under the direction of the Head of Legal & Compliance, the Paralegal conducts legal research, drafts routine documents, assists with project intake and execution, assists with and manages data and files.
- Provides support to all Lead Counsels in the Legal & Compliance Department as it relates to the day-to-day function of the Department.
- Performs internal file management, including the printing and photocopying of relevant documents, the recording of all correspondence received and dispatched in respect of matters and the updating of client information.
- Requests and receives instructions from Financial Sector companies in respect of all incoming and ongoing matters.
- Requests and collect documentation from all Financial Sector companies in relation to incoming and ongoing matters in line with the instructions received to assist Lead Counsels in their analysis of matters and case management.
- Prepares / drafts litigation letters, including pre-action protocol letters and demand letters to debtors and provides same to Lead Counsels for review and sign off.
- Collects all Department’s mail and reads all incoming correspondence and directs same to the relevant Lead Counsels.
- Conducts basic legal research and communicates the results based on the instructions of the Lead Counsels within the Department.
- Manages the timely receipt and payment of all invoices from external counsel in all legal matters and ensures all such invoices comply with the terms of engagement agreed with external counsel.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of regulations and policies annexed to the work conducted by the Department.
- Validates current processes and identifies possible process changes to increase efficiencies within the department.
- Files and serves Court documents as required by the Lead Counsels within the Department.
- Ensures on-time and in full (OTIF) delivery of all assigned tasks.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor\\\\\\\’s degree
- Five (5) years\\\\\\\’ experience working in a legal environment
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Excellent legal research and excellent writing skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of local Company and Corporate laws
- Solid organizational skills, ability to organize and support multiple projects and a multifaceted workload, and meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced, detailed-oriented environment.
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree? - Do you have at least 5 years' experience in a legal environment? - Are you Proficient in Microsoft Office?