Position: Customs Clerk 11
Company: ANSA Coatings
Job Summary: The Customs Clerk 11 is responsible for effectively and efficiently ensuring that all cargo and raw materials are cleared from ports of departure and bonded warehouses also export at port of exit.
- Obtain necessary endorsements from customs and other government ministries for import and exports.
- Obtain Approval from local shipping agents and customs at relevant ports of exit for shipping of cargo.
- Obtain certificates and cheques to make payment to assigned financial institution/bank.
- Monitor un-stuffing of containers at the relevant port of entry and bonded warehouse.
- Process documents at the various points of entry and from warehouse for the delivery of cargo.
- Delivery of consignee mail and payments of freight at local agents.
- Visit shipping agencies for their verification on imported goods.
- Conduct all business transaction in accordance with the high ethical standards that the company maintains.
- Effectively process all documentation ensuring that customs, demurrage costs are always kept to a minimum.
- Track shipments and retrieve shipping documentation from various parties and ensure documentations are in accordance with the Customs& Excise requirements prior to shipment(s) arrival.
- Ensure precise entry in all reports and compare information to guarantee correct information throughout.
- Ensure payment vouchers are prepared accurately.
- Maintain and track minister licenses for concession items.
- Maintain all container/shipment updates/logs daily and real time
- Communicate with relevant officials to ensure the efficient clearance and delivery of goods.
- Close all shipments and file all documents.
- Participate in the development and implementation of and perform all duties in accordance with procedures as per Iso 9001 standards and the company’s Quality Systems Manual.
- Conduct any other related duties that may be assigned by the Customs Supervisor/ Chief Financial officer.
- Computer literate with knowledge of customs software packages ( ACE, ASYCUDA)
- Customs Clerk Grade 1 or 11 license
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Similar function.
- Core Experience in warehousing Environment of a Manufacturing Entity?
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
How to apply:
- Are you computer literate with knowledge of customs software packages ( ACE, ASYCUDA) ? - Do you have a Customs Clerk Grade 1 or 11 license ? - Do you have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Similar function?