Position: Business Development Executive, Guyana
Company Alstons Shipping Limited, Guyana
The Business Development Executive is required to support the development of sales and marketing activities with Alstons Shipping Ltd- Guyana. The incumbent shall provide input to develop market penetration within the Guyanese Market and identify objectives, strategies and action plans to improve revenue growth.
- Identify potential new customers within Oil & Gas sector / Husbandry/ Auxiliary / Customs Brokerage and ensure existing clients are satisfied and positive
- Participate in pricing and contract negotiation process using a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately
- Present to and consult with Commercial Manager on business trends with a view to developing services, product and distribution channels
- Request and negotiate rates from shipping line / freight forwarders on behalf of all third-party clients
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management
- Identify markets and determine feasibility of market development – both within containerized and Oil and Gas industry
- Provide customers with freight quotes as per port sailing date, time and vessel rotation schedule
- Make weekly visits to customer (Third Party) accounts to secure business, ensure quality service and maintain good working relationships and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Liaise with Marketing Coordinators to ensure that quotations/ bookings are sent , received and transmitted to customers for verification
- Perform analysis and coordinate with internal departments to ensure accurate service alignment with the targeted market.
- Develop, capture and create customer relationships in the international marketplace
- Work with internal departments and potential customers to determine their needs
- Develop and disseminate information on a continuous basis to all pertinent parties concerning the fulfillment of project goals and objectives
- Achieve the annual growth targets (revenues, profit, volume) as defined in the department budget review
- Perform all duties in conformance with the appropriate health, safety , security and environmental and ASL- Guyana’s policy and procedures .
- Performs all other duties as assigned and requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry or Relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/ Marketing, Logistics and or Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- Knowledge of Programming Planning Budget System, The Sales Cycle and Proposal/Tender Development
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in sales and marketing in the Shipping Industry. Knowledge of Oil & Gas will be an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory capacity
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good working knowledge of the shipping industry: including ocean (NVOCC) and air freight (import & export), consolidation, customs brokerage
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated, customer and goal oriented
- Ability to manage and provide strong leadership to projects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to negotiate will excellent closing skills
How to apply:
- Do you have knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry or Relationships? - Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business/ Marketing, Logistics and or Supply Chain Management or equivalent ? - Do you have at least five (5) years' experience in sales and marketing in the Shipping Industry? - Are you a resident of Guyana? - Are you available to start this role within one month? - What are your salary expectations in TT Dollars?