Position: Accounting Assistant- AR
Company: Abel Building Solutions
Job Summary: This role will provide the incoming incumbent with an opportunity to expand their accounting knowledge and competencies in a high pace environment. You will interact with persons at all levels of the organization and will also be integral in ensuring that the organisation adhere to corporate policies.
The Accounting Assistant-AR will work alongside the Accountant-AR with regards to maintaining the records of the Company’s Financial Transactions.
- Manage all Credit control for customers in compliance with Group Policy.
- Accurate and timely distribution of customer’s statements.
- Liaise with Sales Representatives on Reconciliations and Collections.
- Maintain and update all customer accounts with invoices, credit notes and payments ensuring that they are reconciled as required. Customer’s payments must be accurately applied to their invoices daily.
- Ensure that Sub ledger and General ledger are reconciled. There must be no reconciling items more than one month old. Reconciliations /Analysis of all Receivables Clearing Accounts and Point of Sales clearing Accounts.
- Ensure that Group account balances are accurately reported on a monthly basis according to Group Policy.
- Ensure that debtors ageing is accurately prepared on a monthly basis for timely reporting to Head Office.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports as requested by Head Office or Management.
- Ensure timely provisions of Bad Debts (over 180 days) are provided in accordance with Group Policy for flash.
- Accurate and Timely update of the CFO’s report with a listing of all
- returned cheques, ensuring that debt is returned to Customer’s account.
- Ensure that all Credit Notes are issued on a Timely basis and in accordance to Group Policy.
- Minimum ACCA Level 1/ CAT Level 3 with three (3) years relevant work experience.
- Highly Skilled in Microsoft Excel and Word
How to apply:
- Do you have minimum ACCA Level 1/ CAT Level 3 with three (3) years relevant work experience? - Are you highly Skilled in Microsoft Excel and Word?