Position: Technical Sales Engineer (Elevators)
Company: ABEL Building Solutions
Perform duties of a Project Sales Engineer within the engineering department to develop request for quotation responses and delivery of the engineering aspects of the department with respect to Elevator products and services. Ensuring QA / QC of our implemented services for our client’s projects.
- To work within the engineering group, to aid implementation of processes and procedures to improve efficiency, hit rate on jobs quoted and increase commercial profitability.
- To be a brand ambassador for ABS Products and Services with Elevator products and services being in the forefront.
- Work closely with Engineering and Technical Services manager to ensure departmental objectives and financial targets are met
- Projected Project Scheduling
- Cost estimation and tender preparation
- Revenue forecasting and recognition
- Ensure capital is managed as per KPI’s
- Contract and client management (including attending site meetings)
- Management and implementation of sales strategy for Elevators
- Calculation and reporting of job profitability
- Adherence to Safety requirements/standards
- Equipment sales and services
- Value engineering base on cost, efficiency and application
- Active customer relations management. To consult with client/architects/engineers to ensure that design intentions are met and full customer satisfaction achieved as well as providing technical information or advice if required.
- To adhere to and implement ABS Technical Sales Division- Cost Management Procedures and Revenue Recognition.
- To provide cost estimation and tender preparation for all Elevator products and Services. Mark up on jobs must be within approved company guidelines or as approved by the Sector Technical Sales Manager. Terms of payment should be set to minimize risk to ABS and to ensure minimal levels of financing.
- To conduct site visits, attain measurements, review design drawings and provide suitable Elevator solution for clients. To be able to complete and supply Territory Managers Inquiry forms etc for quotation to be provided. To be able to understand elevator design drawings and gain knowledge of execution requirements and scheduling for each application.
- To assist preparation of monthly report/projections for revenue to be submitted by 5th working day of each month and on 10th of each month (for flash purposes).
- To consistently liaise with all dealers and any potential leads for sale of Elevator products. Management and ownership of the Elevator pipeline to be done. Weekly review of the pipeline with the Senior Sales Team will be done.
- To ensure consistent adherence to all company and department systems and procedures (inclusive of D3650 “live” status) so that operational efficiency and industry accepted quality are achieved.
- To develop and maintain relationships with key industry players (Architects, Engineers, Contractors) to gain entry into all available windows of business opportunity. Compliance to customer visit schedule weekly and report
- Track and Report on Audits/ Marketing Intelligence Surveys Completed.
- To share information and expertise within the company and with inter-group interests (this may involve pre-set monthly or quarterly meetings with managers in addition to existing scheduled manager’s meetings) to enhance growth and coverage potential.
- To efficiently execute any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Participate in the development of and perform all duties in accordance with the procedures set forth in ISO 9001: 2000 standards and the Company’s Quality manual and OSHA standards.
- Promote safety awareness and the development of a safety culture within the company.
Degree/Diploma and major if applicable:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Technical education in the areas of Construction Technology
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project
- Software relating to civil calculations and formwork technology
- AUTO CAD
Or equivalent combination of qualifications and work experience.
How to apply:
- Do you have a degree in Mechanical Engineering? - Do you have Technical education in the areas of Construction Technology? - Do you have certificates in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project?