Position: Elevator Installation Technician A
Location: Mount Hope / Trinidad and Tobago
- Installation of electric or hydraulic freight or passenger elevators, escalators or dumbwaiters as per schedule agreed upon by ABS/ Client. Includes but not limited to:
- Layout, plumb shafts in preparation for installation of lifts as per provide drawings and specifications.
- Installation of all mechanical and electrical aspects of electric or hydraulic freight or passenger elevators, escalators or dumbwaiters as per provided drawings, specifications.
- Startup, testing and commissioning of electric or hydraulic freight or passenger elevators, escalators or dumbwaiters as per procedure outlined by manufacturer or ABS.
- Coordination for Statutory Inspection and hand over of equipment to client.
- Training client/ user in basic and emergency operation of equipment.
- Preparation of site reports outlining progress of works and identifying issues and possible work arounds.
- Assist Project Manager and Installations Supervisor in planning of works including scheduling of deliveries, coordinating with client and sub-contractors, etc.
- To support the Installation Supervisor in the project planning process including conducting pre-installation visits if required and determining/reviewing methodology for works including Job Safety Analysis.
- Train other members of the team in all aspects of elevator installation, commissioning and service with special attention to quality and safety.
- To ensure that standards of performance, workmanship, quality, cost schedules and safety are maintained.
- To attend Department or Project Meetings and action all items in a timely manner.
- To efficiently execute any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Participate in the development of and perform all duties in accordance with the procedures set forth in ISO 9001: 2000 standards and the Company’s Quality manual and OSHA standards.
- Promote safety awareness and the development of a safety culture within the company.
- Certificates in Elevator/Escalator Installation.
- Use of lift programming tools (BOMO, TLS, etc.)
Additional Skills Required:
- Communication Skills
- Flexibility, Integrity and dependability
- Supervisory Management
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, engineering specifications, technical manuals, etc.
- Training in Installation of electric and hydraulic lifts.
The working environment includes, but is not limited to operating in:
- Working at Heights
- Ability to lift moderate weight (max 35kg)
- Confined Space
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Do you possess certification in Elevator/Escalator Installation? - Are you proficient in lift programming tools such as BOMO and TLS?