Position: Supply Chain Manager, Carib Glassworks Limited
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Supervises: Warehouse Assistant, Forklift Operator, Labourer, Store Keeper, Clerk II – Stores, Purchasing Clerks
The Supply Chain department comprises Purchasing, Customs & Export and Warehousing, Inventory and Stores units. The department creates a synergy between internal and external stakeholders to efficiently and effectively manage the full spectrum of supply chain functions, including but not limited to inbound and outbound logistics, purchasing and procurement, inventory management and warehousing.
The Supply Chain Manager ensures that all systems, protocols and processes within the supply chain framework and cycle are effectively and efficiently managed. The incumbent must ensure finished goods are transported and transferred to customers and external locations within established timeframes and quality standards, efficient and cost-optimal procurement of goods and services, vendor/supplier management including negotiations, introduce and continuously improve inventory control measures, maintain the optimal warehouse layout plan requirements, perform demand, supply and production forecasting and planning, manage the accuracy of inputs and outputs of the computerized inventory system, and manage scheduling and logistics for all raw materials and finished products of the Company, resulting in consistent, efficient service to all user departments.
- Overseas the operations of the purchasing and procurement team insuring that international and regional/local orders are accurately recorded and requisite raw materials are purchased to meet requirements.Ensure all warehouses employ good manufacturing storage practices and follow documented procedures to achieve warehousing objectives and operational efficiency standards.Monitor flow/movement of procured items including raw material, consumables and finished goods and establishes strategy for reduction.Develop, maintain & grow all internal and external network of partnerships needed to support vendor, customer and product set-up efforts.Negotiate terms and conditions to reduce purchasing costs, shipping and freight costs, tariffs and customs/export duties etc.
- WAREHOUSE & INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
- Prepare and implement required policy and procedures manuals to govern warehouse layout systems effectively and efficiently, inventory control systems, packaging analysis systems, forecasting systems, scheduling systems, warehouse transportation system.Ensures all Warehouses and Inventory areas are well organised through developing and implementing an inventory rotation and tracking system to streamline consistency of supplies, that safeguard the proper filing and retrieval of stock information, purchase orders and delivery notesReviews and determines the optimal warehouse layout plan required, ensuring the efficient use of storage areas (internal and external or satellite locations) based on type of items and activity to space ratio.Coordinates the Department’s participation within periodic and year end stock counts, ensuring the proper management Warehouses and Packaging Stores, in a manner that provides easy access to their contents, through categorizing and storing similar items together, to facilitate efficient count and tabulation results.
- INBOUND & OUTBOUND LOGISTICS
- Inbound Logistics: Manage the efficient importation and shipping of consumable, goods, raw materials, consumables and other company assets. Ensure the customs, haulage and transfers are completed within expected timeframes and withing budgetOutbound Logistics: Manage the dispatch of all finished goods (local sales and exports), and other inventory to customers within established delivery timeframes and ensure total compliance with customer product packaging, the Company’s Quality Management System and Health and Safety policies.
- PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
- Provide effective coaching, guidance and direction to employees of the Demand and Supply Chain Department as needed, identifying knowledge gaps and developing or recommending Training and Development programmes to ensure a high level of technical competence, ability and skill of the assigned staff, to ensure achievement of performance outcomes and objectives.Ensure appropriate and clearly defined KPIs are set and maintained within the Department and ensure departmental annual performance appraisals of subordinates are completed, and proper training plans are devised to align subordinates’ competencies to departmental requirementsPerform a first-line HR and IR function, through receiving and actioning employee grievances in keeping with established procedures, guiding and advising employees on possible resolutions, and escalating to the HR Department when necessary.
- DATA ANALYTICS & REPORTS / OTHER
- Monitors and analyses demand, inventory, trends and other statistical data, to generate business reports on inventory levels, supply chain progress, procedural efficiency and personnel issues, for submission to the CFO, as and when required.
- Participate in the development and implementation of and perform all duties in accordance with the procedures as per ISO 9001 standards and CGL Quality Manual.Perform any other related duties as required by the job function, or as instructed by the Manager or anyone designated to act on their behalf.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, & EXPERIENCE REQUIRMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or a relevant field.
- Material and inventory control experience within a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional knowledge in Supply Chain management, leading Distribution and Logistics operations.
- Relevant professional qualification preferred (i.e. APICS or other professional certifications).
- Must be knowledgeable of key supply chain/logistics processes & current best practices.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in supply chain and/or warehouse management.
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL / SPECIALIST COMPETENCIES
- Strong knowledge of the Customs and Shipping process from start to finish in a global environment.
- Ability to function effectively in complex work environment, set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
- Knowledgeable of Logistics IT to optimize procedures.
- Proven ability to reconcile conflicting needs and effectively multitask.
- Understanding of industry trends and focus for planning.
- Knowledge of supply chain technology/processes such as SAP,JIT, ERP required.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and financial acumen
- Customer Relationship management
How to apply:
- Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Management, or another relevant field? - Do you have at least five (5) years' experience in Supply Chain and/or Warehouse Management? - Do you have experience with Supply Chain technology such as SAP, JIT, ERP, etc.? - Do you have knowledge of the Customs and Shipping process from start to finish, in a global environment?