Position: Innovation Project Manager
Job Title: Innovation Project Manager, Construction Sector
Reports To: Sector Operations Director, Construction
The Innovation Project Manager is the person that leads the research into the strategic future business opportunities of the company, supporting implementation through the entire Stage gate Process.
- Analyzes the competitive market, trends, and consumer data to identify the white spaces.
- Interpret business strategy and determine innovative solutions supporting strategy implementation.
- Design and model solutions for customer innovation and experience along with similar initiatives variants.
- Ensure to exercise decision-making and independent judgement while being aligned with customers and management.
- Leads new product developments from the concept creation through the placement in the market (New platform / New Design and Packaging Format / Flavor Extension).
- Acts as project owner, leads cross-functional teams (R&D / purchase / Sales/Marketing/operational / finance / supply chain) and foster team unity to drive projects following our company processes, and deliver Execution Excellence within the company KPIs.
- Works closely alongside the Operations and Commercial teams to ensure all innovation is commercialized at scale.
- Works with cross-functional teams to ensure clear, ongoing communication of new launches: status updates, brand knowledge and training.
- Inspires the Commercial Teams, and Distributors to flawlessly execute our innovation launches and marketing programmes.
- Leads the Innovation process and the delivery within the gate stages.
- Manages stakeholders across functions and levels of seniority to ensure innovation Plans are embedded into the business “rhythm” of planning.
- Nurtures and maintains our in-market Innovation post launch.
- Sets and leads ongoing tracking of KPIs.
- Troubleshoot issues, support interventions when needed at pace.
- Develops mitigation plans to ensure delivery of Innovation AOP.
- Develops policies and procedures for the companies within the sector where required, and present requested information to the Board of Directors.
- Performs all other relevant duties as required to ensure optimum operation of the business.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures as outline in Blue Books.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Management Studies.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in similar job function.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Very commercially astute and understands key commercial drivers
- Competent in P&L Management
- Applied experience in implementing innovative solutions to technical challenges.
- Strong facilitation, consultation and convening skills and experience. Training experience a plus.
- Confidence in presenting to various audiences, in English.
- Excellent levels of spoken and written English and experience preparing reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trust and productive relationships.
- Well-organized, with strong process managements skills and an ability to establish and work to priorities.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Expert in application of planning tools (MS Project).
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
How to apply:
- Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Management Studies? - Do you have at least five (5) years' experience in Project Management, or a similar role? - Are you competent in P&L Management?