Position: Brand Manager - SKY 99.5FM (Guardian Media)
Location: Port of Spain / Trinidad and Tobago
Job Title: Brand Manager – SKY 99.5FM
Reports to: Commercial Manager – Radio
- The position involves the overall management of the assigned station.
- Create an annual marketing plan for the brand/station that will grow audience ratings / station listenership and advertising revenue.
- Achieving the monthly/annual advertising sales targets for the station.
- To motivate and lead a sales team to ensure achievement of sales targets.
- Ensure and compliance with legal/broadcast regulations.
- Identifies and grows new opportunities to increase the station’s revenue and audience share.
- To build relationships with all advertising agencies and major clients to ensure customer interest and satisfaction.
- Oversees the brand and develops and executes station promotions to ensure the station is competitive & attractive to listeners.
- Ensures annual and monthly sales targets are met for the brand.
- Develops sales packages for the sales team.
- Oversees and ensures that the sales team’s targets are met.
- Contributes to the content broadcast on the station.
- Ensures that the station complies with laws, industry codes and national broadcasting regulations governing radio broadcasting.
- Ensures any complaints are dealt with swiftly or escalated as necessary.
- Handles staffing/contractual requirements.
- Effective people management including KPI setting, performance management, managing staff welfare and morale and establishing the station\\\\\\\’s culture.
- Develops budgets, monitors, and implements cost control initiatives.
- Develops radio program schedules; organizes community and other outreach activities/events.
- Represents the station at a local level and builds relationships within the community.
- Develops policies relating to the Management and Operation of the Station including internal protocols for station employees.
- Digital Strategy Development (Content & Distribution).
- Complies with Group’s processes and policies as set out and stated in ANSA McAL Blue Book.
- Performs all duties in conformance with appropriate health, safety, security and environmental and GML’s policies and procedures.
- Any other related duties, which may be assigned.
- Bachelor\\\\\\\’s degree in in communications, journalism, broadcasting, or a related discipline OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management combined with relevant experience
- 5 years’ experience working in a broadcasting station/radio production
- Proven record of hitting and exceeding targets OR
- Any equivalent combination of qualifications and experience
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of radio equipment and technology
- Knowledge of the law, ethics, and industry regulations around radio production legal/broadcast regulations
- Knowledge of the radio market, different station and program styles, and audience demographics
- Strong command of the English language is vital
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Critical thinker / Creative / Innovative
- Flexible and results oriented
- Able to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them
- Have excellent presentation and communication skills, complemented by diplomacy
- Possess strong business and finance skills
- Exercise sound editorial judgement
- Able to coach and develop talent in others
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback and manage performance
- Able to manage creative teams
- Understand when it is necessary, and how to acquire, the relevant clearances and licenses, including copyright and music clearances
- Strong IT skills, including word processing and data handling
- Energy, enthusiasm, and the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure to meet deadlines and demanding targets.
- Well-groomed and personable
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree in in communications, journalism, broadcasting, or a related discipline OR a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management combined with relevant experience? - Do you have five (5) years’ experience working in a broadcasting station/radio production? - Do you have knowledge of radio equipment and technology?