Position: Regulatory Officer
Company: ANSA Merchant Bank
Job Summary: The Regulatory Officer reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and filing of all regulatory reports in compliance with all regulatory requirements. This would include weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. Also responsible for leading regulatory audits conducted by external auditors and regulatory authorities. This position would also require a good working relationship with regulatory authority contacts with whom the Regulatory Officer would engage for any audits or questions. This candidate will lead the automation of regulatory reporting which would include exception monitoring and ensuring that the data provided is complete and accurate. In addition, the position would require a close relationship with the software vendor contact as well as Operations and IT departments.
- Preparation of regulatory reports to ensure the accurate and timely preparation and filing of all regulatory reports for the Bank in compliance with all regulatory requirements, Company policies and procedures, and generally accepted accounting principles. This includes weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual regulatory reporting.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant regulations, including proposed and final rules.
- Formulate or implement regulatory affairs policies and procedures to ensure that regulatory compliance is maintained or enhanced.
- Assist with projects and reporting, as requested, including leading and participation in the regulatory reporting automation project.
- Recommend and lead implementation on procedural changes / process improvement opportunities to streamline the Bank’s regulatory reporting process, anticipate problems, enhance accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of the reporting process.
- Participate in the research and implementation of new and revised regulatory reporting requirements, as well as the evaluation of regulatory requirements for new products/transactions.
- Provide regulatory guidance to departments or development project teams regarding design, development, evaluation, or marketing of products.
- Lead role in integration of new products and balances from source data systems into regulatory reporting software.
- Communicate regulatory information and data needs to business partners and ensure that information is interpreted correctly.
- Provide responses to regulatory agencies regarding product information or issues.
- Manage activities such as audits, regulatory agency inspections, or product recalls.
- Train staff in regulatory policies or procedures.
- Performs any other related tasks / duties as required.
- ACCA, MSc Finance, Business Administration, or a related field
- Banking industry experience is strongly preferred.
How to apply:
- Do you have ACCA, MSc Finance, Business Administration, or a related field? - Do you have Banking industry experience is strongly preferred?