Position: Sales & Trading Associate - Syndication
Location: 11A Maraval Road, Newtown / Trinidad and Tobago
Company: Sales & Trading Associate – Syndication
- Work with a team of fixed income traders and other Sales & Trading Associates with the common goal to develop and grow relationships with local, regional and international institutional investors.
- Always monitor the efficient execution of all CIB transactions with a strong profit motive whilst ensuring compliance.
- Contribute to the Bank’s profits through the sales of the Primary Market desk activities as it relates to fixed income instruments and its derivatives.
- Monitor the maintenance, whilst ensuring growth of the CIB Unit’s investor database- locally, regionally and internationally.
- Maintain a database of continuous market intelligence, ie: details of all competitive products and services so as to understand further, the market trends and demands and be better suited for pricing and structuring of all deals.
- Ensure that the Syndication Desk maintains and executes successfully, timely and profitably, all activity within the underwriting guidelines provided.
- Recommend new products and services for the team to structure and distribute to the wider markets.
- Understand analysis of credit and investment assets done by credit team for Sovereign and Corporate entities.
- Work with Origination team and credit analyst/other CIB Associates in gathering sector specific ideas with which to generate transaction activity.
- Conduct research and development on Regional Investor Markets, maintaining constant interaction with Investor base and travelling where necessary with staff.
- Management of the database of pipeline transactions, deals won/lost, securities sold and to be sold and generally related market intelligence.
- Promote the Group’s products and services via a coordination of activities and training with the other Department Heads.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics or other related discipline.
- MBA will be an asset.
- Five years of Investment Banking experience, with a Sales/ Trading or Marketing background preferably
Business and Technical Skills:
- A detailed knowledge of the regional Investment Banking issuer markets, tenor requirements and an understanding of fee and yield tolerances.
- Solid negotiation and analytical skills in order to coordinate, negotiate, present and win and sell mandates in a competitive environment.
- Exceptional communication, organisational, interpersonal and strong strategic orientation, as well as PC proficiency.
- Comprehensive understanding of Investor needs.
- Quantitative Skills: – Numerical reasoning; Arithmetic computation; Using tables and graphs.
- Analytical Skills: – Planning & organizing; Information management; Problem identifying and solutions oriented; decision making; Ability to learn and follow procedures; Multitasking; Ability to deal with complexity; Time management.
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics or other related discipline? - Do you have at least five (5) years of Investment Banking experience, preferably with a Sales/ Trading or Marketing background?