Position: Divisional Manager - Health & Wellness (Trinidad / Guyana)
Divisional Manager – Health & Wellness
Job Title: Divisional Manager – Health & Wellness
Division: Health and Wellness
Location: Trinidad / Guyana
Reports to: Managing Director (Direct Reporting Line); Sector Divisional Director-Health and Wellness (Functional/Indirect Reporting Line)
Direct Reports: Guyana (6) – Business Unit Managers, Sales Manager, Marketing Coordinator, Admin Assistant;
Trinidad (11) – Business Unit Managers, Sales Managers, Business Development Manager, Admin Assistant, Supplier Representatives.
The incumbent reports directly to the Managing Director with dotted-line, functional reporting to the Sector Divisional Director, Health and Wellness. Responsible for the overall planning, implementation, and financial results for the division. Responsible for supporting the MD in improving divisional capability and structure to become fully compliant and preferred by suppliers.
- Develop the vision and planning for the business area that would position it to become or remain the leader in the industry and achieve the established business objectives.
- Lead the annual planning process: financial, brand, customer & supplier.
- Collect and analyze information that measures the success of the Health & Wellness Division’s sales and marketing programs and refine/recommend change programs in response to that information.
- Support MD’s to improve effectiveness of H&W division:
- Review & recommend divisional structure changes.
- Review & recommend personnel changes based on specialized job fit.
- Divisional infrastructure: warehousing etc.
- Direct, manage and measure the implementation of divisional strategies & policies
- Implementation of divisional, supplier and brand plans
- Customer plans
- All applicable business procedures, policies and compliance requirements.
- Divisional financial & non-financial plan.
- Customer service levels
- New product launches.
- Manage Supplier relationship & satisfaction levels.
- Support MD to ensure Quality Assurance/Quality Control for the H&W Division’s full compliance with all supplier, government and healthcare industry standards with respect to warehousing of pharmaceutical products as well as upgrading and implementing SOP’s.
- Supplier acquisition & satisfaction.
- Coordinate supplier acquisition efforts
- Coordinate supplier satisfaction and retention measures.
- Work closely with managers to improve supply chain management (Inventory, SMS, Life Cycle, etc) and service delivery policies.
- Promote a culture that reflects the organization and sector values, encouraging high performance, and fostering productivity.
- Responsible for staff selection, training, professional development, performance management, and make recommendations on hiring, termination, promotion and discipline as required.
- Regular review of the division structure to lead to ongoing improvements as required.
- Lead special and confidential projects for the division.
- Maintain high level of expertise, keeping abreast of new concepts and products within the food service and industry.
- Adhere to legislation, respect company policies, principles, values, and behavior in business guidelines, and protect all Company assets
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Required Minimum Education and Experience:
- Minimum a Bachelor\\\’s degree (preferably marketing or management related)
- Postgraduate degree (MBA) desirable.
- Competent in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- At least 8 -10 years experience in marketing/commercial management.
- Experience with product launches/supplier management.
Competencies, Behaviors, Skills and Knowledge:
- Strategic Thinking
- Strong Interpersonal Skills and ability to develop and maintain critical relationships
- Excellent Communication Skills (written &verbal).
- Excellent Presentation Skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to build talent.
- Industry knowledge.
- Networking abilities.
- Commercial Acumen
- Excellent Negotiation Skills.
- Results oriented.
- A good understanding of financial management and budgetary control
- Ability to handle a full range of customer situations and interactions
- Must be a proactive self-starter who can work both independently and within a team.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and transparency in issue management matters
- Co-operate closely with other Divisions, taking wider implications into account.
How to apply:
- Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Management, or a related field? - Are you Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access? - Do you have a minimum of 8-10 years' experience in Marketing/Commercial Management?