Position: IR Lead
Company: ANSA Chemical Limited – Manufacturing Sector
Job Summary: The role of the HR/IR department is to act as the custodian of all HR and IR related policies and procedures. IR is responsible for supporting the respective companies in their IR practices and ensuring good industrial relations practices prevail.
Job Description: The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining an on-the-ground awareness of the Sector’s Industrial Relations climate. He/she will also be required to support the implementation of the Group’s IR Management Plan in accordance with the Group’s policies and practices as well as the relevant applicable legislation.
- Drive conformance with Group HR/IR policies and initiatives, ensuring strict adherence to guiding principles to ensure the timely and effective resolutions of all relevant matters.
- Conduct in depth and thorough research on all IR legal matters, to provide sound advice on grievances and disputes, with a view to ensuring the timely resolution of matters and to protect and mitigate against possible legal action against the Company.
- Conduct Investigations and Disciplinary Hearings expeditiously and in strict accordance with the established Group Processes, as well as manages all Grievances to resolution in accordance with the HR Bluebooks and respective Collective Agreements.
- Provide timely and thorough responses to all IR related queries and grievances, as required by Sector HR personnel, ensuring accuracy of information to resolve issues promptly.
- Records and catalogues new and existing case law and statutes which impact the IR landscape of relevant Sector Companies, to ensure all key HR personal are duly informed and advised of guiding precedence which affect current and future IR and HSE related matters.
- Provide all necessary support in the proper and timely conduct of Non-Crisis Meetings across the Sector, through working with key Stakeholders to track the completion of open action items.
- Provide all necessary technical, professional and administrative support to the Sector HR Manager on Negotiations, through researching, preparing, and submitting required documentation to the Chief HR Officer and the Group CEO.
- Provide support in continuous improvement/change management initiatives; collaborate with relevant project teams; leading specific initiatives.
- Support the administration and execution of Employee Engagement Surveys and Pulse Surveys as directed. This includes providing support to the Managing Director in the development of Action Plans and company-wide communication of same.
- Develops and disseminates the Sector’s IR Newsletter, through researching and collating relevant information, to inform key Stakeholders on critical IR updates, as well as to promote effective communication of IR issues across the Sector.
- Provide technical and professional support in the reporting of all IR matters to the Group HR Director, such as Grievances, Ministry of Labour and Industrial Court matters, with a view to ensuring the interest of the Company/Group are sought and protected.
- Prepare and submit, accurate and comprehensive IR Reports as required and/or instructed by the Sector IR or HR Manager.
- Develop IR Training Proposals, through identifying key knowledge gaps with relevant personnel, as well as critical IR updates which may impact Sector Company operations and ensure the effective and timely execution of all devised training and development initiatives, in accordance with the Sector’s IR Plan.
- Accomplish and promote the Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) policies established by the company.
- Perform any other related duties as required by the job function, or as instructed by the Manager or anyone designated to act on their behalf.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR/IR/Law or any other related discipline is required
- At least 3 years work experience in a related field, supporting at the Executive level
- Computer literate. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
- Understand and influence the business plans of individual subsidiaries to ensure the manpower needs are satisfied to assist in the achievement of business objectives.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of human resource administration
- Knowledge of industrial relations practices
- Knowledge of statistical concepts and methods utilized in human resource processes
- Knowledge of accounts and budgeting
- Skill in management, supervision and training
How to apply:
- Are you computer literate and have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook? - Do you have knowledge of industrial relations practices? - Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in HR/IR/Law or any other related discipline? - Do you have at least (3) three years work experience in a related field, supporting at the Executive level? -