Position: Production / Operations Superintendent
Company: Carib Glass Works
Job Summary: To maximize shift production output and efficiencies in a manner that will achieve production targets and customer requirements whilst promoting a safe and healthy working environment.
- Monitor Plant efficiencies; to ensure output targets are met.
- Monitor all plant operations after 4:00p.m, on weekends and on public holidays including the following areas, Logistics, Batch, Furnace, Operations, Warehouse, Contracted Labour, Plant Security, Stores and Engineering.
- Responsible for the management of Hot End and Cold End activities.
- Minimize machine downtime and production loss by troubleshooting problems through Root Cause Analysis.
- Ensure that audits are performed on a routine basis.
- Ensure that correction of bottle faults are done in a systematic manner.
- Interpret Statistical Analysis.
- Participate in work planning, staffing and the development and review of operating systems and work procedures.
- Participate in the development and implementation of, and perform all duties in accordance with the procedures as per ISO 9001 standards and CGL Quality Manual.
- Effectively ensure that subordinates adhere to the Company’s/Department’s safety policies and procedures to minimize the risk of injury.
- Conduct the annual performance appraisal of subordinates and undertake appropriate follow-up actions in an effort to develop the capabilities of employees and maximize the efficiency of the department.
- Plan for and participate in training and developmental activities for subordinates.
- Accurately prepare appropriate reports relevant to operations and related matters.
- Ensure safe working environment to minimize the risk of injury.
- Assist in preparing budgets for monitoring and control.
- Liaise with the authorities in the other Departments.
- To comply with the Company’s/ Department’s procedures and policies belonging to the Quality Management System and the Health, Safety & Environmental Management System.
- To fulfill the legal duties of the Occupational Safety & Health Act 2004 as an employee.
- BSc in Engineering or any other related discipline is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in a senior supervisory position
- Understanding of Statistical Process Control
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Experience in glass manufacturing will be an asset
- An equivalent combination of training and experience
How to apply:
- Do you have a minimum of five (5) years experience in a senior supervisory position? - Do you have understanding of Statistical Process Control? - Are you Proficient in MS Office applications? - Do you have a BSc in Engineering or any other related discipline?