Position: Production Planner
Company: Carib Brewery
To plan, organize and execute the Production Planning function to ensure availability of manufactured finished products to meet sales demands while optimizing the productive capability of the plant.
To support the material planning function by timely advice of the production plan to relevant functions.
To support business growth and improvement plans (by planning production to meet growth objectives and monitoring performance and identifying/addressing opportunities for savings or improvement).
- Develops and improves tools to effectively monitor stock movement to deliver sales demand.
- Implement tools as required to support the production planning function.
- Develop tools to deliver improvements to the business and the reporting function relevant to productivity and line performance.
- Support analysis of equipment performance relevant to improving productivity and line performance.
- Develops and maintains annual budgeted production plan and maintains production plans to meet budgeted requirements.
- Develops and maintains quarterly and monthly production projections and maintains weekly rolling production schedules consistent with sales forecasts and/or stated demand and advises the relevant departments/parties accordingly.
- Revises and updates the production projections and schedules and communicates such revisions promptly to the relevant personnel.
- Liaises with Marketing, Local and Export Sales and Production Personnel relative to all matters pertaining to the production schedules and makes amendments as necessary.
- Maintains stock levels within budgeted levels and advises any non-conformance in a timely way.
- Defines standards for losses and produces variance reports relative to the use of brewed/blended product.
- Monitors cycle time parameters for all products, so as to optimize capacity utlisation, whilst ensuring that aging of all products is consistent with agreed specifications.
- Liaises with Production personnel relative to Plant Shutdown and new product introduction.
- Liaises with Customs and other relevant personnel relevant to the receipts of production materials and coordinates the appropriate the in-house arrangements for storage.
- Liaises with Finished Product Warehouse personnel and revises daily FPW inventory reports to avoid product shortage and stock outs.
- Liaises with the Export manager to ensure the accurate and timely inclusion of the Export production requirements in the production projection schedule.
- Work with the Brewing Department to develop daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual brewing schedules which ensure that yeast management handled with best practice and tank capacities are optimized.
- Supports brewing and bottling capacity studies.
- Assist the brewing and bottling departments to control cost especially through the management of overtime.
- Prepares analyses and presents KPIs relevant to the Production Planning function.
- Prepares and presents reports as needed for the planning role.
- Ensures that work areas are maintained in accordance with good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Performs any other related duties required by the job function.
- B.Sc. Degree in Information Technology/Engineering/Management/Science Discipline from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in Total Quality Management.
- Certificate in Inventory Control.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to apply:
- Do you have a B.Sc. Degree in Information Technology/Engineering/Management/Science? - Do you have a Certificate in Total Quality Management? - Do you have a Certificate in Inventory Control? - Do you have at least five (5) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment?