Position: Operations Manager
Company: Standard Distributors
The Operations Manager monitors and guides the performance and manages the smooth operations of the warehouse, dispatch and service functions of the business in alignment with the Sales, Marketing and Purchasing teams. The Operations Manager plays an integral role in providing leadership to key functional areas of the business directing them to drive continued improvement in efficiencies.
- Develops and implement ‘best practices’ within all functional areas of the operations portfolio.
- Continuously seeks and capitalizes on opportunities to exceed the expectations of customers (internal and external) by placing a keen interest on understanding and effectively resolving customer-impacting issues in a professional and result-oriented manner.
- Provides leadership to the After Sales and Service Manager to ensure high standards of customer service is constantly maintained and to ensure all jobs submitted to the Service Department are completed within the prescribed timeframes and with optimum customer satisfaction.
- Efficiently manage the Warehouse Management process, inclusive of insuring that all safety and efficiency layouts and standards are met, while maintaining floor and dispatching processes.
- Monitor effective scheduling of inbound (empty containers) and outbound (containers & trailers) dispatching and work closely with Purchasing team to maintain adequate stock levels to support domestic and export requirements.
- Drive the company to achieve its sales objectives at maximum efficiency and/ maximize profitability levels with high level oversight for the showroom operations.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager and develop and execute the Company\’s sales and marketing plan, budget and sales forecasts and overall marketing strategies to drive long and short-term profitability.
- Plan, organize, direct and control departmental staffing and disciplinary matters in accordance with Company policy and in consultation with HR
- Continuously develops all direct reports through the identification of training needs, planning and execution of agreed training interventions, material and appropriate instructional methods in consultation with HR and other subject matter experts?.
- Comply with Group’s processes and policies as set out and stated in the ANSA McAL Blue Book.
- Performs any other related duties as may be required by the function.
- University Degree with emphasis in Business Management or Supply Chain Operations.
- A Master’s Degree or advanced certification in the areas of Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management will be considered an asset.
- At least eight to ten (8 – 10) years working experience in Warehousing, Service and Sales with field experience in the retail industry.
How to apply:
- Do you have a Degree with emphasis in Business Management or Supply Chain Operations? - Do you have a Master’s Degree or advanced certification in the areas of Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management will be considered an asset? - Do you have at least eight to ten (8 - 10) years working experience in Warehousing, Service and Sales with field experience in the retail industry?