Position: Group Accountant - Consolidation
REPORTS TO: Group Financial Controller
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Group Accountant – Consolidation is part of the Group Performance Reporting team which is responsible for the preparation of the Group Consolidated Financial statements and management reports. The team works with and manages the Consolidation/Reporting software to ensure it is properly maintained to reflect any changes in accounting standards or reporting requirements, as well as working with and indirectly managing the Subsidiary companies Reporting Teams to ensure on time, accurate reporting with a high level of First Time Quality. As this is a group Position, the person holding the position will be exposed to application of accounting standard and reporting for the group which includes all sectors, including but not limited to Financial Services (Banking and Insurance), Manufacturing, Automotive, Beverage, Retail, Distribution and Real Estate.
Key Responsibilities of Position/Team:
- Agreeing and communicating monthly reporting Timelines to Subsidiaries to ensure timely reporting.
- Calculation and publication of exchange rates for group reporting and consolidation.
- Coordination of processes with Subsidiaries for monthly, quarterly and annual internal reporting, and review of submissions.
- Executing reporting software processes and generation of reports for Management.
- Coordination of processes with Subsidiaries for quarterly and annual reporting for publication and reporting to Regulatory bodies.
- Execution of Consolidation software processes and generation of Consolidated Group reports and Financial Statements for Management, Publication, and External reporting requirements
- Coordination of Intercompany reconciliation process in consolidation software on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of schedules for, liaising with Group auditors for Annual Group Audit.
- Maintenance of Group Global Chart of Accounts to include new accounts needed to meet requirements for new accounting standards, new reporting requirements, and to facilitate consolidation or reporting process improvement and/or automation.
- Updating of consolidation software and reports to reflect changes in Global Chart of Accounts.
- Working with team on process improvement and automation.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned from time to time.
Education & Experience:
- A professional accounting qualification from a recognized institution
- At least four (4) years accounting experience.
- Computer literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office software.
- Working experience with and deep understanding of Financial Accounting packages would be an asset.
- Working experience with Consolidation software and processes including intercompany reconciliation would be an asset.
- Team player
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills
- Good execution and evaluation skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision; self-motivated
- Easily able to understand and use accounting / reporting / consolidation / analytical software (IT savvy).
- Ability to indirectly manage processes and influence teams not part of immediate department.
How to apply:
- Are you ACCA qualified, or have a professional accounting qualification from a recognized institution? - Do you have at least four (4) years' working experience? - Do you have experience working with / an understanding of Financial Accounting packages? - Do you have experience with Consolidation software and processes including inter-company reconciliations?