Position: Assistant Accountant
Company: ANSA Coatings Ltd.
The Assistant Accountant would be responsible for the day-to-day operational and technical duties of the cost accounting function and the finance activities for the Company. The Assistant Accountant would assume a support role to the Management Accountant as assigned and required.
- Measures and analyses the various costs of production and costs of distribution of company products
- Perform standard costing exercise and responsible for actual costing of all products.
- Prepare costing reports for identifying and assisting with inefficiencies
- Compare actual costs to estimates and analyze variances
- Assist in the month end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary and analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward
- Company Finance
- Analysis of core Balance sheet and P&L account monthly.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Prepare month end Journals.
- Perform vat reconciliation and prepare VAT form for payment.
- Prepare tax calculations for Submission to Head Office.
- Prepare monthly reports as requested by Management
- Management Information/General
- Assist on the preparation of the annual corporate plan
- Assist with monthly corporate projections
- Work on special projects as required
- Compliance with Ansa McAl Group Policies and Procedures
- Promote safety awareness and the development of a safety culture within the company
- Conduct any other related duties that may be assigned within the scope of the position by the CFO
Qualifications & Experience:
- ACCA Qualified or BSc. in Financial Management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Finance/Accounting.
- 3 years’ Experience in Coatings Industry/Manufacturing Sector (would be an asset)
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Technical Expertise – Emphasizes the broader, longer term vision and values of the organisation. Applies and improves extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills and judgement to accomplish a result or to accomplish one’s job effectively.
Analytical Thinking – Adopts a whole systems perspective, assessing and balancing vast amounts of diverse information, identifies multiple relationships and disconnects processes in order to identify options and reach conclusions.
Business Perspective – Continuously develops ideas for positioning the organization for long-term success by appropriately trading off short-term costs/disadvantages for long-term revenues/gains.
Problem Solving – Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience base and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
Customer Focus – Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
Drive for Results – Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence.
How to apply:
- Are you ACCA qualified or in possession of a BSc in Financial Management? - Do you have a minimum of 5 years' experience in Finance/Accounting? - Do you have 3 years’ Experience in Coatings Industry/Manufacturing Sector?