Position: Purchasing Manager
Location: / Trinidad and Tobago
Company: Carib Glass Works
Job Summary: Directs and controls the efficient operation of the Purchasing department and establishes purchasing strategies and innovative projects aimed at improving purchasing efficiency.
- Monitors the department to ensure that policies and protocols are followed.
- Monitors and ensures that orders are expedited in keeping with demand requirements.
- Verifies that materials and performance specifications are communicated to suppliers and adhered to.
- Effects and follows up on claims against suppliers when required.
- Ensures that all service contracts are properly drafted.
- Negotiates with suppliers for best value options and implements measures to reduce overall purchasing cost.
- Manages the “continuous improvement process” by reviewing performance, and identifying and implementing initiatives.
- Establishes and measures standards of performance against which direct reports will be measured.
- Prepares required monthly reports in a timely manner.
- Develops and plans for the effective implementation and use of Information Technology.
- Responsible for the management and control of the departmental budget, assets and employees.
- Conducts the necessary performance appraisals and initiates relevant developmental training programmes for subordinates.
- Ensures that the contracted Customs clearance provider is managed in accordance with purchasing timelines.
- Manages the performance of subordinate personnel and provides advice, coaching, guidance, instruction and direction.
- To comply with the Company’s/ Department’s procedures and policies belonging to the Quality Management System and the Health, Safety & Environmental Management System.
- To fulfill the legal duties of the Occupational Safety & Health Act 2004 as an employee.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Logistics or a technical subject.
- Three to five years experience in Purchasing practices and negotiation skills.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Do you have a Bachelors Degree in Engineering,Business Administration, Logistics or a technical subject? - Do you have three to five years experience in Purchasing practices and negotiation skills?