Position: Customs Clerk – Grade II
Company: Alstons Shipping Limited
To ensure all Government trade regulations are followed in the processing and clearing of cargo with full knowledge of the customs regulations and procedures as well as shipping and insurance requirements for clearances of cargo / containers at the Ports, Airport and Bonds.
- Review shipping and customs documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Accurately generate documents in ACE & ASYCUDA.
- Assist with acquisition of Agency releases.
- Issue payment vouchers and deliver cheques to Customs house, Airport and Carrier Agents for payment of duties and taxes.
- Lodge Customs documents for screening by Customs Officers in a timely manner.
- Ensure Clerks effect cargo clearances at ports, airport, bonds and warehouses.
- Assist with the clearance of ship’s spares and general cargo/containers.
- Assist with the updating of Check List, status and revenue reports/spreadsheets
- Other related duties required by the function.
- A minimum of three (3) O’levels including Mathematics and English
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Grade 11 or 111 Customs Clerk License
How to apply:
- Do you have a minimum of three (3) O’levels including Mathematics and English? - Do you have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel? - Do you have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position? - Do you have Grade 11 or 111 Customs Clerk License?