Position: Health, Safety, Security & Environmental (HSSE) Manager
Company: ANSA McAL Barbados
Job Summary: To manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of the HSSE Management System and Security System at ANSA McAL Barbados and to provide a co-ordination role for the implementation and maintenance of the HSE Management Systems, ensuring compliance with Group objectives and expectations.
- Monitors and controls the operating and personnel expenses related to HSSE Department.
- Recommends to the Group HSSE Manager ways to improve business and advises on Capital Expenditure in regard to HSSE.
- Reviews and verifies Purchase Requisitions (Local and Foreign) for items required by the department.
- Maintains control on all fixed assets related to HSSE Department.
- Ensures that all Divisions, Product Lines and personnel fully adhere and comply with accepted standards of customers and clients, in the areas of HSSE.
- Actively promotes and champions all HSSE related policies, procedures and initiates and ensures full compliance with HSSE Management System
- Conducts monthly HSSE Management Review Meetings aimed at reviewing critical HSSE issues / accomplishments and ensures the close-out of all outstanding issues.
- Provides Management with recommendations and guidance regarding HSSE Management Systems, Security Systems and Policies and Procedures with specific focus on impact on operational activities.
- Accountable for the preparation and communication of all HSSE-related schedules.
- Ensures inter-company HSSE Meetings are conducted and the relevant HSSE metrics reviewed and communicated in accordance with agreed schedule / Matrix.
- Develops and maintains a stock of up-to date and readily accessible HSSE reference material, both hard copy and disk copy where available (brochures, HSSE manuals, and other printed / electronic material) and makes available to clients / customers / employees / Managers as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely completion and contribution to tendering process in regard to HSSE for all major jobs.
- Coordinates the investigation and close-out of all HSSE incidents / accidents / issues as required.
- Accountable for the accurate tracking, monitoring, verification and reporting of all HSSE-related metrics and statistics in accordance with agreed requirements and deadlines.
- Exhibits in-depth understanding and familiarity of business dynamic and processes (Divisions, Product Lines and all Services).
- Ensures the timely and accurate preparation of HSSE reports and metrics relevant to HSSE.
- Liaises with external companies and agencies regarding health, safety, security and environmental regulations and requirements and the provision of services to the company as required.
- Performs any other related HSSE duties required by management to ensure the successful completion and/or running of operations.
- BSc degree in Safety, Engineering, or related technical field.
- Graduate degree in HSE or relevant technical field would be an asset.
- At least five (5) years HSE Management experience.
How to apply:
- Do you have a BSc degree in Safety, Engineering, or related technical field? - Do you graduate degree in HSE or relevant technical field would be an asset? - Do you have at least five (5) years HSE Management experience?