Position: Account Executive
Company: Standard Distributors
Job Summary: To be a valued, contributing member of the Company’s Commercial department in achieving the local and regional sales targets and facilitate a reliable and timely supply of quality products to our new and potential customers. The Account Executive is responsible for managing and serving assigned priority accounts and customers on a daily basis by providing technical assistance and advice on the assigned products and assisting with queries and complaints from customers and providing the required support to the Commercial Department.
- Collaborate with other team members in preparing and reviewing annual sales budget, monthly sales forecasts & monitoring variances with actual sales for assigned product portfolios.
- Ensure periodic or ad hoc reports are completed with sufficient levels of rigour to be used in effective management decision-making.
- Plays a leading role in customer relationship management. This includes developing and maintaining maximum profitability with new and existing customers based on their needs and in alignment with meeting and exceeding company sales targets.
- The incumbent is also required to actively identify and explore new customers/opportunities for market growth and expansion.
- Establish sales objectives by pipeline development, forecasting and developing monthly and annual sales quotas for individual sales professionals.
- Address any necessary issues with potential clients before contracts are signed e.g. credit terms and conditions.
- Create & maintain a customer recovery plan for unfilled sales.
- Lead market intelligence research and data collection for the assigned market segments and lead the lifecycle of marketing projects and strategies from conceptualization and launch, to monitoring, evaluation and adjustment.
- Lend support to relevant internal stakeholders tasked with product design (for new and existing SKUs).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Management or a suitable equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales and/or marketing in a manufacturing environment.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office and relevant software packages.
How to apply:
- Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Management or a suitable equivalent? - Do you have three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in sales and/or marketing in a manufacturing environment? - Do you have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and relevant software packages?