Position: Managing Editor
Company: Guardian Media
Job Summary: Guardian Media Limited, the nation’s most venerated and trusted news outlet, is seeking the next visionary leader to fill the role of Managing Editor.
Guardian Media is the largest multi-media organization in Trinidad and Tobago and home to top media brands including the Guardian Newspaper, CNC3, The Big Board Company and a host of popular radio stations that cater to our extensive and diverse audiences.
The local, regional and global media industry has undergone unprecedented changes in the last two decades, and the ideal candidate should possess a deep understanding of global media trends.
In this role you will directly impact the lives of our audiences daily, whether it’s providing key news to help them make better decisions, advising on how our leaders are performing, keeping them abreast of what is happening in the world or lightening their day with entertainment.
- Leads in the development of a short, medium, and long-term strategy for the editorial department and provide clear direction for the overall growth and development of the Print/Television and Digital Platforms
- Ideates and conceptualizes a content strategy that speaks to a diverse and highly-engaged audience.
- Creates systems to include a data driven approach to content creation and distribution across all platforms.
- Ensures the content that is produced and delivered meets the highest journalistic standards.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Guardian Media’s.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism/Mass Communications/Communication Studies/Graphic Arts or any other related field is required
• A Master’s Degree
- A minimum of 7-10 years\’ work experience as a Senior Editor in a media industry;
- Significant experience with digital content packaging and development;
- Experience across all platforms, including broadcast, digital print, and social media.
How to apply:
- Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism / Mass Communications/Communication Studies/Graphic Arts or any other related field is required? - Do you have a Master’s Degree? - Do you have a minimum of 7 to 10 year's working experience as a Senior Editor in a media industry? - Do you have experience across all platforms, including broadcast, digital print, and social media?