Position: HR Manager
Company: Berger Paints Caribbean (Jamaica Limited)
The incumbent is required to exercise responsibility for the HR functions within the Business Unit. The incumbent will interface with key Executive Management and will be responsible for all aspects of the HR lifecycle. He/She will be required to provide leadership, consultation and operational support to the leadership team and line managers on strategic and people related matters
- Drive conformance across the organization with HR and other Company policies and procedures.
- Manage the Company HR performance
- Advise on manpower plans and ensuring optimal staffing for the business, ensuring profit per employee is optimally achieved as per budget.
- Ensure all budgeted roles are filled for the organization following the required workflow process for recruitment within the group.
- Ensure compliance with the Group’s Performance Management System including but not limited to the implementation of the annual Talent Roadmap deliverables.
- Identify training needs and evaluate training provided via post training assessments in determining ROI.
- Provide support to the Sector HR Manager in maintaining employee classifications and review non-Executive compensation annually.
- Provide support in continuous improvement/change management initiatives; collaborate with relevant project teams; leading specific initiatives.
- Oversees the effective implementation and communication of the Performance Management System across the Sector, including quality assurance audits to ensure Employees’ KPIs are aligned to strategic & business objectives. Performance reviews are completed according to agreed timelines.
- Lead the Annual Salary Review Exercise for the business to ensure salary increases and bonuses are accurately paid within agreed timelines.
- Leads the implementation and health assessments of all employee benefits plans including but not limited to pension and health.
- Oversee employee communications; ensure that employees are aware of their job role and functions and Group HR policies & procedures.
- Ensure that Group induction and orientation programmes are delivered to all new staff.
- Liaise with and provide support to the Sector ER/IR Lead in order to:
- Maintain an on-the-ground awareness of the Company’s employment and industrial relations climate.
- Spearhead and/or advise in all aspects of the Company’s negotiations.
- Provide advice on and administering the Company’s employee and industrial relations matters.
- Organize staff town hall sessions/events as required to present Sector ER/IR initiatives or to relay information stemming from ER/IR implementation.
- Provide advice and progresses actions in accordance with policy stages/procedures, refers upwards to Sector HR Manager as required
- Conduct Disciplinary Hearings expeditiously and ensure that grievance handling is in accordance with the HR Bluebooks and respective Collective Agreements.
- Provide support in conduct IR coaching to Supervisors/Managers in order to develop IR competencies on a scheduled basis.
- Act as the first point of contact after the Line Manager for staff with grievances or Line Managers pursuing progressive disciplinary action
- Support the Sector HR Manager along with other Sector Leads in the development and maintenance of HR best practice across the Company and performs any other related duties as assigned by the Sector HR.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A Master’s degree would be considered an asset
- At least 7-8 years’ work experience in a related field, supporting at the Executive level.
Deadline date – 30th June, 2022
How to apply:
- Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or any other related qualification? - Do you have at least seven years’ work experience in a related field, supporting at the Executive level? - Do you have any experience working in a unionized environment? -