Location: Chaguanas / Trinidad and Tobago
Company: Standard Distributors
The Accountant is responsible for Financial Reporting and the efficient operations of the finance functional areas.
- Supervise, develop and motivate the support Team through coaching, organizing, monitoring and appraising job results in accordance with the company’s policies.
- Prepare audit schedules.
- Prepare and ensure payment of quarterly tax remittances.
- Submit corporate tax returns and vat returns.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis reports and branch sales reports
- Prepare and processes journals for the general ledger
- Ensure Bank Reconciliations are done accurately and timely.
- Ensure account registers and schedules are accurate and up to date.
- Review accounting for expense reports and accounting transactions and approval of same.
- Assist with the preparation and calculation of budgets as well as entering budgets into system.
- Provide support and information to Management Team.
- Comply with Group’s processes and policies as set out and stated in the ANSA McAL Blue Book. Any other duties, which may be assigned.
- Professional Accountancy Qualification – Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent.
- Minimum of (2-3) years’ experience in accounting.
- Customer centric attitude.
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent business/report writing, interpersonal and (verbal / written) communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Do you have Professional Accountancy Qualification and a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent? - Do you have a minimum of (2-3) years’ experience in accounting?