Position: Executive Assistant
The incumbent serves as the administrative and functional point person for the
Managing Director and performs a range of high level administrative and secretarial duties to facilitate the effective and efficient administration of office of the Managing Director (MD). He/she will be responsible for handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Strategically manages the MD’s business calendar, including scheduling internal and external meetings and appointments, booking meeting rooms, notifying meeting participants and preparing meeting agendas.
- Work closely with team members to ensure the MD\’s preparation for meetings, presentations or other engagements.
- Provide \”gatekeeper\” and \”gateway\” service to create win-win situations for direct access to the MD\’s time. This includes screening and appropriately routing all incoming calls, arranging callbacks, receiving clients and visitors, and arranging all amenities for visitors.
- Assist in the preparation of both internal and external correspondence, that may be personal or business-related.
- Prepare memoranda, letters, reports, proposals and other correspondence for the MD’s signature. This includes independently composing or generating executive responses for routine matters and assisting with the compilation of reports for Board, Executive and Management meetings with the relevant appendices and supporting documentation.
- Sort, record and distribute all incoming mail, determining and escalating priority/sensitive matters as well as completing preliminary work and/or research.
- Establish and maintain an effective physical and electronic filing system to facilitate proper record retention and easy retrieval of data and documents.
- Serve as a recording secretary at staff and departmental meetings by taking minutes which accurately reflect major actions and decisions taken.
- Attend/represent the Managing Director at meetings, seminars or conferences where advised, to maintain a ubiquitous appeal.
- Coordinate event planning in office and off-site where necessary.
- Arrange the meeting room facilities utilising the in-house equipment as required.
- Co-ordinate the MD’s business and overseas travel, ensuring that flight and hotel arrangements, expense account, foreign exchange transactions and local ground transportation are effectively arranged.
- Research, plan and/or prepare business presentations, inclusive of but not limited to, PowerPoint presentations and spread sheets.
- Spearhead special projects as directed by Managing Director.
- Comply with Group’s processes and policies as set out and stated in the ANSA McAL Blue Book.
- Perform other related duties as may be required by Management.
- Supervise the Administration Department (Telephone Operator and Courier) – coordinate daily duties, communicate job expectations, monitor and evaluate performance, provide feedback and opportunities for training and development, counsel and discipline, and prepare time and attendance registers, to ensure adherence to departmental and the Company’s needs.
- Initiate, co-ordinate, and enforce systems, policies and procedures, in the Administration Department.
- Maintain and monitor all office stock and consumables in the storeroom and ensure appropriate distribution to all departments and showrooms.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate Degree in Business Management/Administration or another relevant discipline
- A Bachelor’s Degree would be considered an asset
- Administrative Professional Secretary (APS) Certification, Certificate in Administrative Management or any other Administrative certification would be considered an asset
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar capacity, 3 of which should be at a supervisory level
How to apply:
- Do you possess an Associate Degree in Business Management/Administration or higher? - Do you have at least 5 years' experience in a similar capacity, 3 of which is at a supervisory level?