Position: Global Supply Chain Specialist (Contract)
The Global Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for sourcing and purchasing assigned materials, monitor and interpret market conditions and trends, design and implement purchasing plans for assigned materials and customers.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Formulating annual purchasing objectives for assigned materials and customers, aiming to reduce the cost of materials and improve service.
- Reviewing and analyzing purchase requisitions to ensure compliance with Group policies
- Providing projection and market forecasts for budgeting
- Assisting other departments in formulating specifications, and using competitive bidding or other approved procedure to obtain best price
- Performing value analysis of currently procured materials in an effort to achieve cost savings without sacrificing essential performance characteristics
- Managing approved vendors for assigned materials, identifying vendor candidates, conducting vendor visits, applying a comprehensive checklist recommending suitable vendors for inclusion in the list, and periodically reviewing vendor performance.
- Keeps informed about technological advances in assigned field and reviews lower-cost substitute materials with engineering department, where appropriate
- Maintaining effective communication with user departments and plant personnel
- Reviewing vendor performance and rating on a quarterly basis
- Adhering to established standards and procedures of the purchasing department
- Leading and managing special projects as assigned by Management.
- Meeting with offshore customers periodically to review ongoing and annual commitments
- Other duties requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be energetic, assertive and detailed oriented possessing a successful track record with significant knowledge of sourcing and supply management, international logistics, and purchasing
- Excellent communication skills with well-developed ability to work with other
- Persuasive, successful negotiator.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to foster a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment; must be self-motivated and have initiative
- Strong computer skills, must be proficient with Microsoft Office and ERP type software systems
- Ability to prepare and analyze data for reports
- High degree of integrity, discretion, and personal conduct
How to apply:
- Do you possess a Bachelor's Degree? - Do you have at least 5 years' experience? - Do you possess certifications/licenses in CPM, CPSM or similar certification?