Position: Global Supply Chain Coordinator (Contract)
The Global Supply Chain Coordinator works closely with the purchasing and shipping departments to aid with the review of documents, for accurately receiving of goods for international exportation. Promptly and accurately process documents for shipments. Individual must have full knowledge of shipping documentation and terminology, while maintaining regulatory both internal and external compliance. SCC will follow up with vendors on open purchase orders and (RFQ) request for quotes, responsible for updating and releasing new part numbers in the company’s purchasing system, and coordinate shipping arrangements.
The incumbent will also be responsible for but not limited to:
- Review warehouse receipts and corresponding documents against purchase orders for accuracy (ensure and enter miscellaneous charges., etc.).
- Receive purchase orders.
- Coordinate shipping activities with vendors and customers. .
- Process accurate documentation for presentation to the logistics department daily.
- Communicate issues or inconsistencies in vendor document to purchasing department and supervisor.
- Follow up and ensure documents returned are accurate and ready for final processing.
- Notify supervisors of vendors who are consistently late and inaccurate documents.
- Able to communicate to supervisors, peers, or subordinates by telephone, and in written form electronically, or in person,
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of requirements for hazardous and bonded cargo documentation.
- Must be knowledgeable of Incoterms.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to exercise good judgment; must be self-motivated and have initiative.
- Strong computer skills, (i.e. Microsoft Office and Excel required, D365 an asset).
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, to fulfilling obligations
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace
- Stress Tolerance – Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and efficiently with high stress situations.
Required Education & Experience
- High school diploma, vocational certificate, related on-the-job experience, or an associate degree.
- Familiar with a variety of the field\\\’s concepts, practices, and procedures associate with purchasing and or logistics. Language English required, bilingual an asset.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Inco-Terms knowledge
- Hazmat knowledge
- TSA certifiable preferred
- D365 knowledge preferred.
How to apply:
- Do you possess a high school diploma, vocational certificate or an associate degree? - Do you have at least 3 year's of similar experience?