As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, customs, logistics and inventory.
- Provide leadership in the development for continuous evaluation of short and long term strategic financial objectives
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs; strategies and regulatory actions
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation
- Manage costs related to the new project and product development
- Identify efficient and effective ways to manage overall production and operational costs
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with IFRS and applicable Group and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Manage cash to ensure best utilization of assets
- Direct and oversee all aspects of finance, accounting, customs and logistics functions
- Supervise, develop and motivate the human resources of the department by training, coaching, organizing, monitoring and appraising job results in accordance with the company’s policies
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
- Perform any other duties as required by the job function
- B.Sc in Accounting or Finance, ACCA, CMA.
- Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or Business will be considered an asset.
- 10 years progressive experience in managing all aspects of the finance and accounting responsibilities preferably within a manufacturing industry
- At least five years of Supervisory experience
- Business experience for a company or division of a medium sized corporation will be a definite asset.
- Should have experience in partnering with an executive team
- Or any equivalent combination of qualification and experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong management skills with a demonstrated ability to plan, organize, lead, and provide feedback to staff
- Excellent communication skills, must be capable of presenting ideas in a clear and compelling manner
- Flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Strong team player
P.O Box 600,
11th Floor, TATIL Building,
Maraval Road, Port of Spain.
E-Mail: [email protected]