CARIB GLASSWORKS LIMITED
POSITION: Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
SUPERVISES: Electrical Supervisor, Technicians
LIAISES WITH: Mechanical Engineering, Operations, Logistics
To cost effectively maximize the useful life and improve the performance of all electrical and related equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Minimize equipment breakdowns through implementing preventive maintenance procedures and by inspecting electrical machinery and equipment.
- Assist in cost effectively allocating and controlling the Department’s manpower and other resources.
- Assist in cost effectively sourcing and acquiring new equipment, spares, tools and engineering contractor services as required.
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing effective preventive maintenance systems and procedures.
- Participate in the planning for, modification/installation and test-running of existing/new equipment.
- Recommend, develop and implement innovative process/technological changes to improve the efficiency/quality of the Company.
- Participate in the planning and execution of projects as required.
- Participate in the development and implementation of, and perform all duties in accordance with the procedures as per ISO 9001 standards and CGL Quality Manual.
- Effectively handle industrial relations matters with respect to subordinates.
- Conduct the annual performance appraisal of subordinates and undertake appropriate follow-up actions in an effort to develop the capabilities of employees and maximise the efficiency of the department.
- Plan for and participate in training and developmental activities for subordinates.
- Accurately prepare appropriate reports relevant to the job function and related matters.
- To comply with the Company’s/ Department’s procedures and policies belonging to the Quality Management System and the Health, Safety & Environmental Management System.
- To fulfill the legal duties of the Occupational Safety & Health Act 2004 as an employee
Training and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- At least three (3) years in a similar position.
- A working knowledge of computer operations and relevant software packages.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
P.O Box 600
11th Floor, TATIL Building
Maraval Road, Port of Spain
E-Mail: [email protected]