Quality Control Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining the quality and reliability of products and determining whether finished products are of a specified quality.
- Directs activities of the quality control team, ensuring that personnel work accurately and effectively to produce quality products.
- Ensure employees follow methods and procedures of quality control and keep the production of products at optimum efficiency.
- Determine the root causes of product defects and develop methods for eliminating/reducing their occurrence.
- Ensure inspection and testing of products at various stages in the production process.
- Establish testing procedures to determine product’s dimensions, physical, mechanical or other characteristics to ensure compliance with established standards.
- Ensure reliability and performance of testing equipment to measure product performance under a variety of conditions.
- Ensure proper documentation of test results and analysis, preparation, evaluation and reporting of data as required.
- Recommend modification and/or improvements to achieve the best quality possible and methods to minimize the amount of product wastage.
- Develop and maintain effective media for informing, updating and receiving input from employees on quality.
- Analyse and review the cost of quality trends and report same to Executive Management.
- Plan for, direct and train/ensure training and developmental activities for subordinates, monitor and assess performance on an ongoing basis.
- To comply with the Company’s/ Department’s procedures and policies belonging to the Quality Management System and the Health, Safety & Environmental Management System.
- To fulfill the legal duties of the Occupational Safety & Health Act 2004 as an employee
Training and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or suitable equivalent.
- Formal training in principles of Quality Management and auditing.
- Considerable knowledge of Quality Management Systems, process improvement techniques, scientific and statistical tools.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience, two (2) of which must be in a Managerial position.
P.O Box 600,
11th Floor, TATIL Building,
Maraval Road, Port of Spain.