Assistant Accountant (FOUR MONTH CONTRACT – JUNE TO OCTOBER 2010)
Finance & Accounts
Finance & Accounts
To ensure the accurate and timely closure of the Company’s financial statements while ensuring that all established internal control procedures are complied with on a daily basis.
- Weekly Download for both US$ and TT$ accounts from Net Bank.
- Check data entry for A/P Clerk, A/R Clerk and Inventory Clerk for accuracy and return for final posting.
- Check and sign off on all reconciliations prepared by both AP Clerk, AR and Inventory Clerk.
- Preparation of quarterly returns for CSO and Central Bank.
- Analyse of all Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Accounts.
- Maintain contact with customers especially those with invoices over 60 and 150 days in conjunction with A/R Clerk.
- Actively participate in month close off process.
- Participate in quarterly stock count and data entry as required.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
- Perform any other duties as required by the job function
- ACCA level 2 almost to completion
- At least 3 years Accounting experience
- Experience in using computerized Accounting packages
Or any equivalent combination of qualification and experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
- Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish departmental goals
- Motivated, flexible and ability to use own initiative
- Good Analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
The above statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
P.O Box 600,
11th Floor, TATIL Building,
Maraval Road, Port of Spain.
E-Mail: [email protected]