To effectively arrange the shipment of finished goods and clearance of raw materials, machinery and spares received at various ports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in preparing and compiling customs and shipping documents for submission to the Customs and Excise Division.
- Co-ordinate the Customs Department with respect to Import & Export
- Preparation of Import and Export Declarations and Processing through various Departments at Customs
- Representing the Company on all matters related to Customs and ensuring all matters are done in accordance with the Laws of Trinidad & Tobago.
- Clearance of Cargo and Shipping of Cargo when necessary.
- Retrieval of documents from various agents and preparation of vouchers for cheque preparations
- Liaise with marketing personnel with respect to daily exports and recovery of outstanding bills of lading from various agents.
- Liaise with the Warehouse Department to facilitate accuracy of information with respect to goods for export.
- Monitor un-stuffing of containers at the relevant port of entry.
- Transact long room duties when necessary (pay duties, stamp declarations at agencies, etc.).
- Perform other related duties as may be required by the job function.
- To comply with the Company’s/ Department’s procedures and policies belonging to the Quality Management System and the Health, Safety & Environmental Management System.
- To fulfill the legal duties of the Occupational Safety & Health Act 2004 as an employee.
Training and Experience
- Five (5) subjects at the Ordinary Level or the equivalent, which must include Mathematics and English Language.
- Valid Custom’s Clerk Grade 3 license
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar environment.
- Computer Literate including good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
P.O Box 600,
11th Floor, TATIL Building,
Maraval Road, Port of Spain.
E-Mail: [email protected]