ANSA McAL (US) Inc. is the Group’s foreign procurement and logistics Company that is centrally located in Miami Florida. With over 19 years of experience in the industry, the Company provides a unique combination of supply chain services which includes sourcing, purchasing, freight forwarding, warehousing, third-party logistics, procurement, and distribution. It has developed long-term relationships and is a distributor throughout the Caribbean region for world-class brands such as Sears, Kenmore and Ford Motor Company.
The Company is currently seeking to recruit an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Project Officer that will be based in Trinidad and report to the Purchasing Manager, ANSA McAL (US).
The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing all engineering spares inventory and recording all specification data relating to the OEM. The incumbent will also be responsible for identifying alternative suppliers, substitute machinery spares and for making recommendations that will aid in optimizing purchasing decisions.
- Reviews spare parts inventory held in the Stores Department and compiles accurate information on spare parts with specifics on manufacturers, suppliers, part numbers, models etc.
- Contacts OEMs for spares audited and obtains quotations and any further specification data needed.
- Identifies suppliers used in the past, alternate suppliers and substitute parts based on historical and market information and creates reports on OEM data, alternate suppliers and pricing.
- Liaises with the Engineering Department to review and obtain approval for identified substitute parts, suppliers and specification data.
- Conducts manufacturer and supplier analysis and prepares daily transaction reports on the number of spares audited.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDEGE & SKILLS
- B.Sc. degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and at least five (5) years Technical experience in an engineering environment with a Technician’s certificate.
- At least three (3) years supervisory experience in a Manufacturing Plant with a background in maintenance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with experience in using legacy systems (Lotus Notes & Anita). Experience in using Microsoft Dynamics AX will be an asset.
- Strong commercial awareness in maintaining cost efficiency levels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills with respect to scope and scheduling of projects.
P.O Box 600,
11th Floor, TATIL Building,
Maraval Road, Port of Spain.
E-Mail: [email protected]